Microelectronics Engineering: The inception of this specialization was closely associated with the Centre for Research in Microelectronics (CRME) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India in 1983. The main aim of this specialisation is to carry out teaching and research in the area of modeling, simulation, design, fabrication and characterization of advanced microelectronic, nanoelectronic and optoelectronic devices and circuits for electronic, gas sensing, bio-sensing, photodetection and solar cell applications. In addition to the regular Ph.D. program under this specialization, the department also offers a separate specialization in the Microelectronics Engineering at M.Tech. level. A number of B.Tech. students also take advanced undergraduate projects on the fabrication and characterization of thick film and thin film devices for various electronic, optoelectronic and sensing applications.
- Modeling and TCAD Simulation of Advanced non-classical MOS transistors,
- Colloidal Quantum Dots based Spectrum Selective and Self-Powered Photodetectors,
- Metal-Oxide Thin Film Based Devices for Optoelectronic and Gas Sensing Applications,
- Thin Film Solar Cells,
- Nanostructure Electrodes for Bio-Sensing Applications,
- Spintronics, Nonvolatile logic and memory, compact modeling,