Specialization: Experimental Condensed Matter and Materials Physics
- Frontier research activities on Topological Materials, Superconductivity, Magnetism, Semiconductors, Tribology, structure property relationship in functional Materials etc. in bulk, nano-structure, thin film and nano-material form with main emphasis on exploring fundamental Physics and applications.
- Significant activity in study of High TC materials, heavy fermions, colossal magneto resistance, multiferroics, ferroelectrics, dilute magnet semiconductors, topological materials, super-paramagnetism, spin disordered systems, oxide spin glasses, tribological materials, Ruddlesden-Popper (R-P) oxides, functional materials etc.
- Work is currently going on e.g perovskite rare-earth manganites, Bi2Se3, Bi2Te3, Sb2Te3, TaP(As), NbP(As) etc. and their derivatives, Matrix Composites (ZrB2 +Al3Zr), A2BO4 compounds, various functional materials etc.
- Recently, excellent tribological and mechanical properties in Al-based insitu hybrid composites (ZrB2 +Al3Zr) were observed => potential candidates for automotive and aerospace industries.
- Synthesis and Characterizations: structural, chemical, magnetic, electric, Thermogravimetric, thermal, dielectric, spectroscopic