Dr. Anita Mohan
Dr.(Mrs) Anita Mohan
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi
PhD in Physics, IT-BHU
Have been associated with the department since 1996 and have been involved in teaching at undergraduate level. Joined department as regular faculty in 2004 and since then my teaching area has been Electromagnetics, Semiconductors, Instrumentation, Atmospheric Physics.
- Tribological Society of India (TSI)
- International Astronomical Union (IAU)
- Astronomical Society of India (ASI)
Publications (Refereed): Papers/Book Chapters
1. Ankit, Vineet Kumar, Ankitendran Mishra, Sunil Mohan, K.K.Singh, Anita Mohan, The effect of titanium carbide particles on microstructure and mechanical properties of copper/graphite composites prepared by flake powder metallurgy route, Materials Today Proceedings, 26, 1140 – 1144, (2020).
2. Ankitendran Mishra, C. K. Behera, S. Mohan, A. Mohan, Dhananjay Pradhan, High temperature erosion behaviour of Type AISI 446 stainless steel under the combined effect of surface modification and pre hot-corrosion, Engineering Failure Analysis 118, 1 – 16, (2020) 104873
1. Anita Mohan, Energy Efficient Composite Materials, In: Hashmi, Saleem and Choudhury, Imtiaz Ahmed(eds.). Encyclopedia of Renewable and Sustainable Materials, vol. 1, pp. 262–272. Oxford: Elsevier, (2020). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-803581-8.11161-0
2. Anita Mohan, GauravGautam, Narendra Kumar and Sunil Mohan, Sustainable Materials for Tribological Applications.In: Hashmi, Saleem and Choudhury, Imtiaz Ahmed (eds.). Encyclopedia of Renewable and Sustainable Materials, vol. 1, pp. 880–897. Oxford: Elsevier, (2020).
3. S. K. Singh, N. Kumar, G. Gautam, A. K. Padap, A. Mohan, R. K. Gautam, and S. Mohan, Sliding Wear Characteristics of Aluminium Alloy 8011/AlB2 Insitu Composite, Indian Journal of Tribology, Volume 7, Number 3, July (2019), p 1-3.ISSN 2347-3037.
4. Monika Gautam, Gaurav Gautam, Anita Mohan, Sunil Mohan, Enhancing the performance of Aluminium by Chromium Oxide, Materials Research Express, Volume 6, Number 12(2019)
5. Vineet Kumar, Ankitendran Mishra, S Mohan and A Mohan, Fabrication of stircast ZA/ZrB2 reinforced in-situ composites, Materials Research Express, Volume 6, Number 12(2019)
6. Gaurav Gautam, Narendra Kumar, Anita Mohan, Sunil Mohan, Devendra Singh, ZrB2 nanoparticles transmuting tribological properties of Al3Zr/AA5052 composite, Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, (2019)
7. A. Mishra, Dhananjay Pradhan, C.K. Behera, S. Mohan and A. Mohan, Modeling and optimization of parameters for high-temperature solid particle erosion of the AISI 446SS using RSM and ANN, Materials Research Express, Volume 6 (2), 026513, (2019).
8. A. Mishra, Dhananjay Pradhan, C.K. Behera, S. Mohan and A. Mohan, Effect of pre-hot corrosion on erosion behavior of high chromium ferritic steel for heatexchangers, ASME Journal of Tribology,APRIL 2019, Vol. 141 / 041607-1, DOI:10.1115/1.4042391 (2019).
9. A. Mishra, C. K. Behera, S. Mohan, and A. Mohan, Erosive Wear of 446SS Ferritic Steel: a potential material for heat exchangers application, Materials Research Express 5, no. 10 (2018).
10. Khushubo Tiwari, Gaurav Gautam, Narendra Kumar, Anita Mohan, and Sunil Mohan, Effect of Primary Silicon Refinement on Mechanical and Wear Properties of a Hypereutectic Al-Si Alloy, Silicon, (2018), https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-017-9755-2
11. Narendra Kumar, Gaurav Gautam, R. K. Gautam, Anita Mohan and Sunil Mohan, A Study on Mechanical Properties and Strengthening Mechanisms of AA5052/ZrB2 insitu Composite, Journal of Engineering Materials and technology-Transaction of ASME 139, pp. 011002-1-011002-8(2017).
12. Narendra Kumar, Gaurav Gautam, R. K. Gautam, Anita Mohan and Sunil Mohan, High temperature tribology of AA5052/ZrB2 PAMCs, Journal of Tribology-Transaction ofASME139, pp. 011601-1-011601-12(2017).
13. G. Gautam, N. Kumar, A. Mohan, R. K. Gautam and S. Mohan, Synthesis and Characterization of Tri-aluminide insitu Composites, Journal of Material Science 51, pp. 8055-8074(2016).
14. G. Gautam, N. Kumar, A. Mohan, R. K. Gautamand S. Mohan, High Temperature Tensile and Tribological Behaviour of Hybrid (ZrB2+Al3Zr)/AA5052 Insitu Composite, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A 47 A, pp. 4709-4720(2016).
15. G. Gautam, N. Kumar , A. Mohan, R.K. Gautam and S. Mohan, Strengthening mechanisms of (Al3Zrmp+ZrB2np)/AA5052 hybrid composites, Journal of Composite Materials,(2016). DOI10.1177/0021998316631811
16. S. Mohan, GauravGautam, Narendra Kumar, R. K. Gautam, A. Mohan and Ashish Kr. Jaiswal, Dry sliding wear behavior of Al-SiO2 composites,Composite Interfaces23,pp. 493-502(2016).
17. Anita Mohan,GauravGautam, Narendra Kumar , Sunil Mohan andR. K. Gautam, Synthesis and tribological properties of AA5052 base insitu composites,CompositeInterfaces23, pp. 503-518(2016).
18. Narendra Kumar, GauravGautam, R. K.Gautam, Anita Mohan and Sunil Mohan, Wear, friction and profilometerstudies of insitu AA5052/ZrB2 composites,Tribology International 97, pp. 313–326(2016).
19. G. Gautam, N. Kumar , A. Mohan, R.K. Gautamand S. Mohan,Tribology and surface topography of tri-aluminide reinforced composites,TribologyInternational 97, pp. 49–58(2016).
20. Narendra Kumar, GauravGautam, R. K.Gautam, Anita Mohan and Sunil Mohan,Synthesis and characterization of TiB2 reinforced aluminium matrix composites: A Review, Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India): Series D97, pp. 233-253(2015)
21. GauravGautam and Anita Mohan,Wear and friction of AA5052-Al3Zr insitu composites synthesized by direct melt reaction, Journal of Tribology-Transaction of ASME 138pp. 021602-1-021602-12(2015).
22. Gaurav Gautam and Anita Mohan, Effect of ZrB2 Particles on the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Hybrid (ZrB2+Al3Zr)/AA5052insituComposites, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 649, 174-183,(2015).doi: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2015.07.096,
23. Sunil Mohan, R. K. Gautam and A. Mohan, Tribology and Aluminium Matrix Composites,In “Processing Techniques and Tribological Behaviour of Composite Materials” Editor: Dr. R. Tyagi and Prof. J. Paulo Davim, pp. 127-150, Publisher: IGI Global, USA, (2015).
24. Sunil Mohan and Anita Mohan,Wear, friction and prevention of tribo-surfaces by coatings/ nanocoatings, In “Anti-Abrasive Nanocoatings: Current and Future Applications” Editor: Dr. M Aliofkhazraei, pp. 3-22, Copyright: Elsevier Ltd.( 2015)
25. A. K. Srivastava, P. Konkol, K. Murawski, B. N. Dwivedi and A. Mohan, On Thermal-Pulse-Driven Plasma Flows in Coronal Funnels as Observed by Hinode/EUV Imaging Spectrometer (EIS), Solar Phys.,289: 4501-4515, DOI 10.1007/s11207-014-0584-9, (2014).
26. B. N. Dwivedi, A. K. Srivastava and Anita Mohan, Possible signature of Alfvén wave dissipation in the localized magnetic funnels of the equatorial solar corona, Publications of the Astronomical Society of Japan (PASJ),66 (SPI), 1–11, doi:10.1093/pasj /psu 087 (2014).
27. Rahul Agarwal, Anita Mohan, Sunil Mohan & R. K. Gautam, Synthesis and Characterization of Anodized Al/Al3Fe Nanocomposite for Tribological Applications, ASME Journal of Tribology, 136, 012001-1 to 012001-9, (2014).
28. B. N. Dwivedi, A. K. Srivastava and Anita Mohan, Estimation of Plasma Properties and Magnetic Field in a Prominence-like Structure as Observed by SDO/AIA, IAUS300, Cambridge Journals, 8, 405-407 doi:10.1017/S1743921313011290, (2013).
29. R. K. Gautam, Manvandra Kumar Singh, Anita Mohan& Sunil Mohan, Development of Copper Based Tungsten Carbide (WC) Nano -Composite and their Mechanical and Tribological Properties in“Recent Advances in Composite Materials”, Ed. V.K.Srivastava, First edition,
Bloomsbury Publishing India, Pvt. Ltd. pp. 301-309(2013).
30. R. K. Gautam, Anita Mohan and Sunil Mohan, Fabrication and Characterisation of Al-Al2O3 Composite by Mechanical Alloying, Materials Science Forum, 736, 81-97 (2013)
31. S. Sarkar, A. Mohan, C. K. Behera and S. Mohan, Comparative study of sliding wear characteristics of Ni and N austenitic steels Tribology – Materials, Surfaces and Interfaces, 3, No.2, 92-96 (2009)
32. A. Mohan, VUV Spectroscopy of Solar Plasma In “Physics of the Sun and its Atmosphere”, eds. B. N. Dwivedi&UditNarain Published by World Scientific (Singapore), 109-126 (2008)
33. B.N. Dwivedi and A. Mohan, First Tomographic View of Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs) Current Science ,88, No.5, 688-690 (2005)
34. B.N. Dwivedi and A. Mohan, The Sun’s Mysteries from Space --- II, Resonance 10, No. 1, 6-16(2005).
35. B.N. Dwivedi and A. Mohan, The Sun’s Mysteries from Space --- I, Resonance 9, No. 12, 14-24(2004).
36. B.N. Dwivedi, A. Mohan and E. Landi, FIP Effect and FIP-Dependent Bias in the Solar Corona in Stars as Suns: Activity, Evolution and Planets, A.K. Dupree and A.O. Benz (eds.), ASP Conf. Ser. 219, 493-497 (2004).
37. Anita Mohan and B.N. Dwivedi, Composition of the Solar Atmosphere, Current Science, 86, 921-929 (2004).
38. Anita Mohan, E. Landi and B.N. Dwivedi, On the EUV/UV Plasma Diagnostics for Nitrogen-like Ions from Spectra Obtained bySOHO/SUMER, Astrophysical Journal, 582, 1162-1171 (2003).
39. B.N. Dwivedi, Anita Mohan and K. Wilhelm, Vacuum-Ultraviolet Emission Line Diagnostics for Solar Plasmas in‘Dynamic Sun’, ed. B.N. Dwivedi, Cambridge University Press, pp. 353-373, (2003).
40. B.N. Dwivedi, Anita Mohan and V.S. Pandey, MHD Seismology of the solar Corona,Current Science, 84, No.11, 1388-1390 (2003).
41. Anita Mohan and B.N. Dwivedi,EUV Diagnostics for Boron-like Ions from Spectra Obtained by SUMER/SOHO, Bull. Astron. Soc. India30, 589-590 (2002).
42. B.N. Dwivedi, Anita Mohan and E. Landi, EUV Plasma Diagnostics for Nitrogen-like Ions from Spectra Obtained by SUMER/SOHO, European Space Agency (ESA), SP-505, 397-400 (2002).
43. B.N. Dwivedi, E. Landi and Anita Mohan, Looking for the FIP Effect in EUV Spectra inRecent Insights into the Physics of the Sun and Heliosphere, P. Brekke, B. Fleck and J.B. Gurman (eds.) ASP Conf. Ser.200, 356-358 (2001).
44. Anita Mohan and B.N. Dwivedi, Why is the Sun’s Corona so Hot? X-rays and Ultraviolet Emission from the Solar Atmosphere, Current Science81, 349-355 (2001).
45. B.N. Dwivedi, Anita Mohan and K. Wilhelm, On the Electron Temperatures, Densities and Hot Ions in Coronal Hole Plasma Observed by SUMER on SOHO Adv. Space Res.25, 1751-1756 (2000).
46. Anita Mohan, B.N. Dwivedi and E. Landi, Electron Density and Temperatures Measurements, and Abundance Anomalies in the Solar Atmosphere, J. Astrophys. Astron.21, 407-411 (2000).
47. Anita Mohan, E. Landi and B.N. Dwivedi, FIP Effect Measurements in the Off-limb Corona Observed by SUMER on SOHO Astronomy & Astrophysics, 364, 835-844 (2000).
48. B.N. Dwivedi, A.K. Gupta and Anita Mohan, N II and O III Line Ratios on the Sun Ind. Journ. Phys. 73B(1), 19-23 (1999).
49. Anita Mohan, B.N. Dwivedi and P.K. Raju, Density and Temperature Diagnostics of Solar Emission Lines from Ne V/Mg V and Si VII/Mg VII Ions, J. Astrophys. Astron.20, 51-65 (1999).
50. B.N. Dwivedi, Anita Mohan and K. Wilhelm, A New Sun : Probing Solar Plasmas in the EUV Light from SUMER/SOHO, Current Science 77, No. 11, 1521-1529 (1999).
51. Anita Mohan and B.N. Dwivedi, FIP Effect in the Solar Active Region Observed by SERTS European Space Agency (ESA), SP-446, 495-498 (1999).
52. B.N. Dwivedi, Anita Mohan and R.J. Thomas, Spectral Diagnostics of the Active Region Observed by the Solar EUV Rocket Telescope and Spectrograph (SERTS), Solar Physics180, 157-178 (1998).
53. B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, Magnetic Reconnection on the Sun : Ultraviolet Observations of Bi-directional Plasma Jets, Current Science74, No. 1, 10-12 (1998).
54. B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, Polar Plumes and the Solar Wind : New Clues from SUMER/SOHO, Current Science74, No. 6, 499-501 (1998).
55. B.N. Dwivedi, A.K. Gupta and Anita Mohan, Solar Plasma Line Diagnostics from Ne IV, Na V and Al VII Ions, Bull. Astron. Soc. India26, 693-700 (1998).
56. Anita Mohan and B.N. Dwivedi, Probing the Solar Plasma through Ratio-Ratio Diagnostic Technique-Ne V, Emission Lines, Current Science75, No. 12, 1372-1373 (1998).
57. B.N. Dwivedi, Anita Mohan and P.K. Raju, On the Line Ratio Diagnostics for Ne V, Mg V, Si VII and Mg VII Solar Ions, Adv. Space Res.20, No. 12, 2271-2274 (1997).
58. B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, SOHO Hunts Elusive Solar Prey, Current Science72, No. 7, 437-440 (1997).
59. Anita Mohan, Line Diagnostics for Solar Plasmas (Thesis Abstract), The Observatory 117, No. 1138, 174-175 (1997).
60. Anita Mohan, EUV Line Diagnostics for Solar Plasma, Bull. Astron. Soc. India 26, 279-281 (1998).
61. A.K. Gupta, Anita Mohan and B.N. Dwivedi, On the EUV Line Diagnostics from N III Solar Ion, Bull. Astron. Soc. India25, 247-251 (1997).
62. B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, 'FIP-effect' - in the Solar and Stellar Coronae, Current Science70, No. 8, 693-694 (1996).
63. B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, Plasma Diagnostics Applicable to CDS/SUMER Observations from SOHO, Current Science70, No. 8, 709-718 (1996).
64. Anita Mohan and B.N. Dwivedi, Si VII/Mg VII and Si IX/Mg IX Line Diagnostics for Solar Plasma, Solar Physics167, 145-151 (1996).
65. B.N. Dwivedi, Anita Mohan and A.K. Gupta, Spectroscopic Diagnostics for N III Ion Astrophys. Space Sci.243, 163 (1996).
66. B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, Diagnostics of Solar Ions : Ne VI, Mg VI, Si VIII and Mg VIII Observed by SERTS, Solar Physics156, 81-94 (1995).
67. B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, On the Electron Density in a Coronal Hole, Solar Physics156, 197-199 (1995).
68. B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, Theoretical Ne VI/Mg VI Line Diagnostics for SUMER, Solar Physics157, 135-140 (1995).
69. B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, Line Diagnostics for Ne V and Mg V Solar Ions, Solar Physics158, 237-248 (1995).
70. B.N. Dwivedi, Anita Mohan and A.K. Gupta, Spectroscopic Diagnostics for N III Ion, Solar Physics161, 241-249 (1995).
71. Anita Srivastava, S. Mohan, V. Agarwala and R.C. Agarwala, Factors influencing the Deposition Rate of Ni-B Electroless Films, Z. Metallkd.83, 251-253 (1992).
72. Anita Srivastava, S. Mohan, VijayaAgarwala and R.C. Agarwala, On the Crystallization Behaviour of An Amorphous Ni-17.8 at.% B Electroless Deposit, Z. Metallkd.83, 254-257 (1992).
73. Anita Srivastava and VijayaAgarwala, Composite Materials and Their Applications, Science and Technology, Dissemination Lecture Series, IWSA, Roorkee, 23-30 (1992).
PG Projects (Guided/Guiding): 31
• PI, DST Project “Diagnostics and Dynamics of Solar Plasma” (1996 to 1999).
• CSIR (SRA/Pool Officer) 2000-2003. Topic: “Electron Density, temperature and abundance anomalies in the solar atmosphere”
• PI, DST Fast Track Project “ProbingCoronal Hole and Polar Plume Plasmas Observed by SOHO/SUMER” (2003-2006)
1. International Conference at Penang in Malaysia, 16-18 November, 2015. Best Paper presentation award.
2. Physics of the Sun’s Hot Atmosphere through Ionized Atoms, Poster at International Conference “Dynamic Sun”, 22-26 Feb 2016.
3. Mysteries of the Sun: Our Own Star: Expert Talk at IIIT Allahabad, on 11/02/2019, OSA IIITA student chapter at Technical event International Day of Women and Girls in Science.
4. “On the Signature of Alfvén Wave Dissipation in the Localized Coronal Funnel as a Source ofNascent Solar Wind”. Presented at "The seventh Hinodescience meeting, 12-15 November2013, Takayama Japan".
5. Gaurav Gautam and Anita Mohan, Microstructure and tensile behaviour of Al-Mg/Al3Zr in-situ composites, 52nd National Metallurgists’ Day, 68th Annual Technical Meeting of The Indian Institute of Metals, 12-15 November (2014), College of Engineering, Pune ,India
6. Gaurav Gautam and Anita Mohan, Microstructure and Tensile Behaviour of Al3Zr/Al-Mg in-situ Composites, Proceedings of the International Conference on Multifunctional Materials, Structures and Applications (ICMMSA-2014), In Collaboration with University of Missouri (MU), Columbia, MO 65211,USA, Organized by Centre for Interdisciplinary Research (CIR), Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India. December 22-24, 2014,ISBN(13):978-93-392-2019-8,pp 26-29.
7. Gaurav Gautam, Narendra Kumar and Anita Mohan, Influence of Tri-aluminide Intermetallics on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of an Al-Mg alloy Composites. Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Materials, Manufacturing and Applications (AmmA-2015). Organised by Department ofMetallurgical and Materials Engineering, NIT, Tiruchirappalli., 9-11 April, 2015. ISBN978-93-84743-68-0 pp. 1206-1213.
8. Manvandra Kumar Singh, R. K. Gautam, A. Mohan& Sunil Mohan,Tribological and Mechanical properties of Copper Based Tungsten Carbide (WC) Composites. Proc. 8th International Conference on Industrial Tribology, (ICIT-12), 7 – 9 December, 2012, The Westin Koregaon Park, Pune, India (2012).
9. R.K Gautam, S. Dan, S.Mohan and A. Mohan, Tribological behavior of Cast Al/Fe Composite Prepared by Stir casting Route, National Tribology Conference 2011 (NTC 2011), at IIT Roorkee, Dec 8-10, 2011, Paper No. NTC 201118 p.28, Proceedings of National Tribology Conference (2011).
10. C. K. Behera, A. Mohanand S. K. Palei, Activities of Spinel Components in the Pre-reduced Chrome Ore, Proc. National Conference on Processing of Low Grade & Complex Minerals and Wastes (PLCMW-2011), 9-11 March 2011, Organised by IATES Bhubaneswar (2011).
11. Plasma 95 Symposium on “Plasma Science and Technology”, BHU, 1995 October, 16-19, presented paper on ‘Si VII/Mg VII and Si IX/Mg IX Line Diagnostics for Solar Plasma’.
12. PRL Golden Jubilee Workshop on “Solar Physics in India During the Next Solar, Maximum and Beyond”, Udaipur Solar Observatory, 1996 October 7-10, Presented A paper on ‘EUV Line Diagnostics for Solar Plasma’.
13. "National Workshop on Recent Advances in Solar Physics”, Meerut College, Meerut, November 7-10, 2006. Invited Talk on “Line Diagnostics for Solar Plasma”.
Articles in Popular Science Magazine:
• B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, WATER ON THE SUN, 'Science Reporter', 1996 December issue, pages 43-44.
• B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, THE SINGING SUN, 'Science Reporter', 1997 July issue, pages 41-42.
• B.N. Dwivedi and Anita Mohan, SURYA ke CHAMAKNE kaa RAHASYA, ‘VigyanPragati', 2003 August issue, pages 29-30, 44-45.
• B.N. Dwivedi and A. Mohan, EXPLOSIVE SUN !(Cover Story), ‘Science Reporter’, 2005 June issue, pages 9-15.