Ph.D. (Indian Institute of Science)
- Flavour problem: Origin of masss,
- Technicolour models,
- Two Higgs doublet models,
- Non-perturbtive QCD: phase-shifts and final sate interactions,
- Strong coupling determination,
- Renormalization group improvement of perturbation theory.
All Publications can be found at the following link: inSPIRE
Origin of mass
The Standard Model of particle physics is the most successful quantum theory of our Universe. There are different flavours of quarks and leptons whose masses are hierarchical and apparently free parameters of the theory. Moreover, there is a bizarre mixing among different flavour of quarks as well as among different flavours of neutral leptons (neutrinos) whose origin is still unknown. In short, we need to understand the origin of mass of the matter of our Universe. This is called the Flavour Problem of the Standard Model.
We have proposed new and original ideas to solve the Flavour problem of the Standard Model, and continuously exploring these ideas at experimental frontiers. The related research articles are:
- Flavour bounds on the flavon of a minimal Z2 x ZN symmetry,
G. Abbas, V. Singh, N. Singh and R. Sain,
- Origin of the VEVs hierarchy
Published in Int.J.Mod.Phys. A Vol. 37, No. 11n12, 2250056 (2022)
- Solving the fermionic mass hierarchy of the standard model
Published in Int.J.Mod.Phys. A 34 (2019) 1950104
- A new solution of the fermionic mass hierarchy of the standard model
Published in Int.J.Mod.Phys. A36 (2021) 2150090
Higgs Physics and QCD
- Renormalization-group improved Higgs to two gluons decay rate
G. Abbas, A. Jain, V. Singh and N. Singh
Applications are invited for one post of Junior Research Assistant to work on the UP CST sponsored project sanctioned with sanction letter No. CST/D-1301, dated 01-09-2022, entitled “A new paradigm for flavour problem” sanctioned for three years. The post is purely temporary and coterminous with the project. Please write to email@example.com for more details. The deadline is 05-10-2022.
Advanced Quantum Field Theory, Elective, (Even Semester) 2022
Our group members are Vartika Singh, Neelam Singh and Rishabh Singh Sisodia who are working particularly on the flavour aspects of the Standard Model, and on a broad range of particle theory including QCD and beyond the standard model physics.
Group home page