Biomedical Engineering is a highly interdisciplinary and upcoming field of technology. The School of Biomedical Engineering is involved in Teaching and Research in collaboration with Institute of Medical Sciences (BHU), and with other Departments of IIT(BHU). The School follows a constant path of progress and diversification to be in pace with the time of change. The School runs the Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) program that offers B. Tech in Bioengineering and M. Tech in Biomedical Technology, besides there is also a two year M. Tech program in Biomedical Engineering.
- Biomedical signal and image processing
- Brain Circulation, Autoregulation, Its Disturbance and Neuroprotection
- Design and fabrication of low cost diagnostic and therapeutic instruments
- Development and characterization of functionally graded materials & conducting IPN composites and their medical application
- Physiological Control system modelling, analysis and simulation in health and Diseases.
- Molecular pathogenesis of Infectious diseases and Nanomedicine based therapeutics for infectious diseases.
- Tissue Engineering and Biomicrofluidics, nanotoxicology
- Bio-sensors, Bio-MEMs and Nano-therapeutics