Dr. Satyabrata Behera
July 2016 – October 2021
Ph.D. Department of Mining Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, India
Thesis title: Prediction of Rock Damage through Nearfield Ground Vibration Analysis for Surface Blasting.
2011 – 2016
B. Tech – M. Tech (Dual Degree) Department of Mining Engineering, NIT Rourkela, India
Thesis title: Estimation of Aerosol Optical Depth using MODIS satellite data and its relation with particulate matter concentration in the mining regions.
2009 – 2011
Higher Secondary examination Newton College of +2 Science, Sambalpur, CHSE board, Odisha, India
Matriculation examination Sri Aurobindo School, Burla, BSE board, Odisha, India
January 2023 - March 2023
Deputy Manager (Mining), Steel Authority of India Limited.
January 2019 - December 2022
Assistant Manager (Mining), Steel Authority of India Limited
July 2016 - January 2019
Research Scholar, Rock Excavation Engineering Lab, Department of Mining Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Online Certification Courses
NPTEL - National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning
Conducted by Prof. Kaushik Dey, Department of Mining Engineering, IIT Kharagpur
Assisted by Dr. Satyabrata Behera, Department of Mining Engineering, IIT BHU, Varanasi
1. Drilling and Blasting Technology, August 2018 – Sept 2018, January 2023 - April 2023.
2. Network Analysis for Mines and Mineral Engineering, February 2019 - Mar 2019.
3. Underground Mining of Metalliferous deposits, July 2021 - October 2021.
4. Surface Mining Technology, July 2021 - October 2021
google scholar - https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=GXVE0SoAAAAJ&hl=en&authuser=1
1. Behera, S., and Dey, K. (2022c). A mathematical model for estimating nearfield peak particle velocity in a 3D space surrounding a blasthole. Rock Fragmentation by Blasting - Fragblast 13, 337–346.
2. Behera, S., and Dey, K. (2022b, June 17). A blast damage predictive model for improving safety in surface mines. Challenges in Safety and Environmental Management in Mines (CSEMM), NIT Rourkela, India.
3. Behera, S., and Dey, K. (2022a). A PPV-Based Prediction Model to Construct Damage Envelop for Crater Blasts. Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series D, 103(1), 13–23. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40033-021-00294-x
4. Behera, S. (2021). Prediction of Rock Damage through Nearfield Ground Vibration Analysis for Surface Blasting. [Thesis, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur]. http://www.idr.iitkgp.ac.in/xmlui/handle/123456789/11782
5. Behera, S., and Dey, K. (2020, December). Introduction of a new model for estimating Blast-Induced Rockmass Damage and comparison with Ansys explicit dynamics model. International Webinar on Safe Mining and Advanced Resources Technology (SMART – 2020), Kharagpur, India.
6. Behera, S., and Dey, K. (2018, December 24). Blast-Induced Ground Damage Assessment Through Numerical Analysis. RBT 2018 - National Seminar on Rock Blasting Techniques - Challenges and Opportunities, Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research, Dhanbad.
7. Behera, S., and Dey, K. (2017). Blast Induced Rock Damage – A Review of Estimation and Measurement Methods. In Sustainable Mining Practices (pp. 163–183). Narosa publishing house.
8. Gorai, A. K., and Behera, S. (2017). Estimation of PM2.5 Concentration from MODIS-based Aerosol Optical Depth (AOD) Level in the Mining Regions. In Sustainable Mining Practices (SMP 2016) (pp. 239–251). Narosa Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
9. Behera, S. (2016). Estimation of Aerosol Optical Depth Using MODIS Satellite Data and Its Relation with Particulate Matter Concentration in The Mining Regions. [Thesis, National Institute of Technology Rourkela]. http://ethesis.nitrkl.ac.in/8275/
1. Funding Agency: Western Coalfields Limited, Title of work: Scientific study to measure the vibration due to the effect of blasting in nearby Piraya village of Gokul OCM, Umrer area, Project Duration: October 2018 to November 2018, Investigator: Dr. Kaushik Dey, Technical Support: Satyabrata Behera, Project No.: IIT/SRIC/MI/SNVG/2018-19/063.
2. Funding Agency: Western Coalfields Limited, Title of work: Scientific study to measure the vibration due to the effect of blasting in NMUG to OC Mine of Majri area., Project Duration: May 2019, Investigator: Dr. Kaushik Dey, Technical Support: Satyabrata Behera, Project No.: IIT/SRIC/MI/SNVG/2018-19/063.
3. Funding Agency: Bharat Aluminium Company Limited Title of work: The status of Five-year progressive mine closure activities of Chotia coal mines for the period between Fy 2015-2016 and fy 2019-2020, Project Duration: 2020 to 2021, Team of Consultants: Dr. Kaushik Dey, Satyabrata Behera, Project No.: IIT/SRIC/MI/MPRC/2019-2020/185.
1. 36th National Convention on Quality Concepts (NCQC 2022). Theme: "Integrated Quality Concepts - the Gateway to Global Leadership." Team name: UDYAM, SAIL - BSL, Kiriburu Iron Ore Mine, Team Coordinator: Satyabrata Behera. Awarded: Excellent.
2. MHRD Scholarship 2016 for doctoral studies.
3. MHRD Scholarship 2015 for M.Tech studies.