PhD (2008) - Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University)
M. Tech. (2002) – Mine Environment (Mining), Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu Uuniversity)
Bachelor of Engineering (2000) - CTAE, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
Intermediate (1995) – Government public School, Aburoad, Rajasthan
- Mine Development
- Applied Rock Mech.
- Computer Application in Mining
- Mining Machinery-III
- Mine Planning
- Rock Slope Engg.
- Mining Machinery-II
- Surface Mining –I
- Mining Machinery-I
- Rock Mass Structure
- Mining Machinery
- Underground Metalliferous Mining
- Project Management
- Mining Machinery
- Mining Machinery
- Mine Practices
- Mine Management and Mineral Economics
- Rock Slope Engineering
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mining Engineering (2007-2015)
- Associate Professor, Department of Mining Engineering (2005*-)
- Co-Chairman of session-X: Geomechanics – D, International conference on Deep Excavation, Energy Resource and production, 24-26 Jan 2016, IIT Kharagpur
- Co-Chairman of Technical Seccion 2 (Modeling Aspects), national conference on NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SUSTAINABLE MINING PRACTICES (December 2-3, 2016),
- Co-chairman of session 2 - Theam 3: Novel tools and techniques for monitoring and simulation of a landslide 4th Indian Landslide congress 2017.
- Co-Chairman of session 4: National Seminar on DIGITALIZATION AND e-GOVERANCE IN MINING INDUSTRY June 22-23, 2019
- Slope stability and dump stability
- Landslide slope stability analysis
- Instrumentation and monitoring of slope stability
- Effect of coal mine subsidence on health of plants
- Stability analysis of mine embankment
- Economic evaluation of air pollution on society
- Economic multiplier for mining
- Stability classification of dump slope
|1.||Mr Ashish Kumar Vishwakarma
Topic: Effect of underground coal mine subsidence on health of plant
|2.||Mr Arunava Ray
Topic: Probability analysis of landslide
|3.||Mr Ashutosh Kumar Bharti
Topic: Stability analysis of internal dump
Mr. Ankit Narayan
Topic: effect of fly ash and clay on dump stability
Mr. Himanshu Naik
Topic: Probabilistic Analysis of Slope Stability
Mr. Nikhil Jain
Topic: Hydraulic Fracturing And Fracture Modelling of Indian Shale
Mr. Prasoon Dev Sharma
Topic: Analysis of Overburden Dump Slope Stability for Open Pit Coal Mines in Northern Coalfields Limited, Singrauli Region
Mr. Kanukuntla Sampath Raj
Topic: Optimization of Production in Dragline Operations using Overall Equipment Efficiency
Mr. Shreyas Bhale
Topic: Analysis of stability of mine embankment using finite element analysis
Mr. Suyash Dongre
Topic: Numerical Modelling of Mine Dump
Mr Amit Rahtore
Topic: Effect of Cracks on the Stability of Mine Dump
Mr Gaurav K Waretwar
Topic : Socialcost of Water Pollution
Mr Sikandar Kumar
Topic: Assessment of Impact on Plants Due to Coal Mining Subsidence.
- Vice-Chairman, JEE- IIT(BHU), 2019
- Admin Warden, Rajputana Hostel, IIT (BHU, 2018
- Member, condemnation committee, IIT (BHU)
- Professor Incharge Periodic Exam and Midterm Exam 2010-2019
- Warden, Rajputana Hostel, IIT (BHU), 2012-18
- Purchase Secretary, Department Purchases Committee, IIT (BHU), 2012-13
- Treasure, Mining Society, IIT (BHU) 2008-17
- Professor Incharge, Mining society, 2017-19
- Convener, Departmental web Committee. 2012-2019
- Convener, Departmental report committee, 2012-2019
- Member, Departmental space committee, IIT (BHU) , 2012-14
Course / Conference organized:
- Convener of National Workshop on “Slope Stability”, organized by Centre of Advanced Study, Department of Mining Engineering, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University from 26 – 28 Oct, 2017.
- Co-coordinator of Short term course on “Rock Mechanics and ground control”, organized by Centre of Advanced Study, Department of Mining Engineering, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University from 19-24, Aug 2016
- Co-coordinator of Short term course on “Rock Mechanics and ground control”, organized by Centre of Advanced Study, Department of Mining Engineering, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University from 26 -31, Aug 2015
- Co-coordinator of Short term course on “Rock Mechanics and ground control”, organized by Centre of Advanced Study, Department of Mining Engineering, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University from 12 -17, May 2014
- Co-coordinator of Short term course on “Rock Mechanics and ground control”, organized by Centre of Advanced Study, Department of Mining Engineering, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University from 08 – 13, July, 2013
- Organizing sectary and treasurer of Short term course on “Social Cost Benefit Analysis”, organized by Centre of Advanced Study, Department of Mining Engineering, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University.
- Dr Rajendra Prasad Memorial Prize, Institute of Engineers
- National doctoral fellowship, AICTE
- NCC Certificate A
- Worked in National Service Scheme (NSS)
- Indian Society for Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology (ISRMTT)
- Indian geotechnical society (IGS)
- International society of rock mechanics and rock engineering (ISRM)
- Mining Engineers' Association of India (MEAI)
- The Mining, Geological & Metallurgical Institute of India (MGMI)
- Institute of Engineers (IE)
- Member of Mining Society, CTAE, Udaipur
- Member of mining Society, Mining engineering Department, IT-BHU
- International journal = 20
- National journal = 22
- Published in International conference = 14
- Published in National conference = 16
- Paper Presentation in conference = 05
- Dhruva Karira, Arunava Ray, Ashutosh Kumar Bharati, Utkarsh Chaturvedi, Rajesh Rai and Manoj Khandelwal ( 2022) Stability prediction of a natural and man-made slope using various machine learning algorithms Transportation Geotechnics Volume 34, May 2022, 100745.
- Arunava Ray, Ashutosh Kumar Bharati, Harshal Verma, Rajesh Rai & T.N.Singh (2022): Numerical study of the utility of bioengineering technique for slope stabilisation, Geomechanics and Geoengineering, DOI: 10.1080/17486025.2022.2040605.
- Arunava Ray, Harshal Verma, Ashutosh Kumar Bharati, Rajesh Rai, Radhakanta Koner and Trilok Nath Singh (2021) Numerical modelling of rheological properties of landslide debris. Natural Hazards https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-021-05038-4
- Harshal Verma, Arunava Ray, Rajesh Rai, Tushar Gupta, Neeraj Mehta (2021) Ground improvement using chemical methods: A review. Heliyon 7, e07678, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e07678
- Arunava Ray, Rajesh Rai & T. N. Singh (2021) The Effect of Discontinuity Orientation and Thickness of the Weathered Layer on the Stability of Lesser Himalayan Rock Slope Journal of the Geological Society of India volume 98, pages260–270
- Vishwakarma, A K, V N Mishrab, R Rai and B K Shrivastva (2021). Quantitative assessment of the effect of mining subsidence on the health of native floras using remote sensing techniques. Results in Geophysical Sciences, Volume 8, December 2021, 100031.
- Bharati, A. K., Ray, A., Khandelwal, M., Rai, R., & Jaiswal, A. (2021). Stability evaluation of dump slope using artificial neural network and multiple regression. Engineering with Computers, 1-9.
- Bharati, A. K., Ray, A., Rai, R., & Shrivastva, B. K. (2021). A Stability Classification System for the Dragline Dump Slope. Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration, 38(2), 1095-1109
- Ray, A., Kumar, V., Kumar, A., Rai, R., Khandelwal, M., & Singh, T. N. (2020). Stability prediction of Himalayan residual soil slope using artificial neural network. Natural Hazards, 103(3), 3523-3540.
- Ray, A., Kumar, R. C., Rai, R., & Gupta, S. (2020). Risk chart for identification of potential landslide due to the presence of residual soil. Natural Hazards, 103(3), 3479-3498.
- Vishwakarma, A K, Behera, T, Rajesh Rai, A K Sonkar, A P Singh, B K Shrivastva (2020), “Impact assessment of an underground coal mining subsidence on native soil of South Eastern Coal Fields: India”, Geomech. Geophys. Geo-energ. Geo-resour
- Bharati, A. K., Ray, A., Rai, R., & Shrivastava, B. K. (2020). Safety Chart for the Identification of Stability of Internal Dragline Dumps. Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series D, 101(2), 173-186.
- Bharati, A. K., Ray, A., Rai, R., & Shrivastava, B. K. (2020). Effect of cracks on the stability of dump slope. Journal of Mines, Metals & Fuels, 68(7), 237-242
- Ray, A., Bharati, A. K., Rai, R., & Singh, T. N. (2021). Landslide occurrences in Himalayan residual soil: a review. Himalayan Geology, 42(1), 189-204.
- Arunava Ray, R. E. S. Chaitanya Kumar, Ashutosh Kumar Bharati, Rajesh Rai & T. N. Singh (2020) “Hazard Chart for Identification of Potential Landslide Due To the Presence of Residual Soil in the Himalayas”, Indian Geotechnical Journal, DOI 10.1007/s40098-019-00401-6.
- Ashish Kumar Vishwakarma, Rajesh Rai and B. K. Shrivastva (2018) “Distribution Characteristics of Micronutrients in Mining Induced Subsided Land of an Underground Coal Mine of South Eastern Coalfields, India”, Nature Environment and Pollution Technology, Vol. 18 No. 2 pp. 491-496.
- Arunava Ray, Rajesh Rai, Ashok Jaiswal, Deepak Dagdi and Ajit Kumar Jha (2021) Numerical Modelling of Shoring systems: Case study, ICGMTU2021
- Sonu Kumar Meena, Suresh Kumar Sharma, Rajesh Rai and Piyush Rai (2021) Improvement in Blasts Fragmentation Using Dynamic Computational Approach. International conference on opencast mining technology & sustainability Dec 2021.
- Ch Sai Karthik, Keloth Tejaswini, Arunava Ray, Dilip Kumar, Rajesh Rai, R. E. S. Chaitanya Kumar (2021) Software Development for Dump Slope Rating in Indian Coal Mining. International conference on opencast mining technology & sustainability Dec 2021.
- Arunava Ray, Rajesh Rai, Ashish Kumar Vishwakarma, Ashok Jasiwal (2021) Biological stabilization of mine waste dump. pp 205-210, International conference on opencast mining technology & sustainability 22-22 Jan 2021.
- Rajesh Rai, V.K. Singh, S. Singh, and V.B. Maji (2019), “Failure investigation of internal dragline dump slope - A case study” Procds of the the 16th Asian Regional Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering,
- Harshal Verma, Rajesh Rai, and B K Shrivastava (2019), “Application of Machine Learning in Mining, National Seminar DEGMI Udaipur, India June 22-23, pp 50-55. ISBN 978-81-7906-805-2
- Ashish Kumar Vishwakarma, Rajesh Rai, and B. K. Shrivastva (2018) “A Remote Sensing Approach to Assess the Impact of Mining Subsidence on Native Vegetation”, Abstract : URSI AP-RASC 2019, New Delhi, India, 09 - 15 March 2019.
- Ashutosh Kumar, Arunava Ray, Rajesh Rai, Ashok Jaiswal and B. K. Shrivastav 2017 “Effect of weak foundation layer on dump stability” 4th Indian Landslide Congress 2017.
- Mine slope and Dump slope stability at Gondegaon OCP, WCL
- Mine slope and Dump slope stability at Inder and Kamptee OCP, WCL
- Slope stability of Talipali south block NTPC, Raigarh
- Slope stability of mine slope of Sasan OCP of Reliance Power Ltd.
- Slope stability analysis Mines, NLC, India Ltd., Neyveli
- Slope study of Rajmahal OCP , ECL, Godda, Jharkhand
- Blast Vibration Study of Chatuburu Iron Ore Mines, BSPL
- Slope stability analysis for Bithnok mine project, NLCL
- Stability analysis of mine waste dump, WCL
- Soldier Pile/ Anchor wall Stabilization Design, Gurgaon, DLF
- Design of shoring system using solider piles, Indigo Infra Limited, New Delhi
- Design of Pile Curtain Wall and Anchor wall Stabilization, Indigo
- Slope stability study for Quarry of Pakri Barwadih Coal Block, NTPC.
- Slope stability analysis of Embankment against Wardha river, WCL
- Slope stability of Patal East coal block, BSPL
- Design analysis of cut slopes protection of slopes with Grouted self drilling nails geomesh & wiremesh, Central University of Jammu
- Slope stability study for chaina clay mines, M/s Mangilal Rungta
- Slope stability of lime stone mines, M/s Mangilal Rungta.
- Evaluation of alternative mining system and Social cost benefit analysis, CMDC
- Soldier Pile/ Anchor wall Stabilization Design for Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Rohini, New Delhi.
- land subsidence due to extraction of oil and gas from PKGM-1 Block in KG Basin, Cairn India Limited
- Slope Stabilization Design For DLF Homes, Panchkula, Indigo