Dr. Srihari Dodla
Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT(BHU)
Phone No(s): 8978007660
Area of Interest: Multiscale material modelling of polycrystalline materials, Homogenization, Micromechanical formulation, Texture evolution, Machining
Dr. -Ing. Srihari Dodla
Room No. 1 - Thermal building (3rd Floor),
Machine Design Division,
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi,
Varanasi - 221005
Phone : +91 8978007660
Area of Interest
- Multiscale material modeling of polycrystalline materials,
- Crystal plasticity,
- Micromechanical formulation,
- Polycrystalline machining.
|Ph. D.||Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany||March 2015|
|M. Tech||Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India||May 2011|
|B. Tech||Sri Venkateswara University Tirupathi, India||May 2009|
|Assistant Professor||Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, IIT (BHU) Varanasi||31st May 2021 onwards|
|Research Assistant Professor||Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, SRM IST Kattankulathur, India||May 2018 - May 2021|
|Postdoctoral Fellow||Faculty of Engineering, Tel Aviv University, Israel||May 2017 - Oct 2017|
|Research Assistant||Wolfson School, Loughborough University, United Kingdom||July 2015 - Nov 2016|
|Mechanics of Materials ME-214||July - Nov'21, July-Nov'22|
|Mechanical Measurements ME-221||May - June '21, Dec-April'22|
|Mechanics of Deformable Solids ME 224||Dec 21 - May'22, Dec-April'23|
|Engineering Drawing ME 104||Dec 21 - April '22|
|Experimental Mechanics & NDT ME-508||July - Nov'21, July-Nov'22|
- Multiscale material modeling of polycrystalline materials
- Micromechanical formulation of composites
- Crystal plasticity
- Polycrystal machining
- M Singh, S Dodla, R K Gautam, V K Srivastava, Effect of load, sliding frequency, and temperature on tribological properties of graphene nanoplatelets coated carbon fiber reinforced polymer composites, Journal of Composite Materials, 2022 (in press) (DOI: 10.1177/13506501221138382) (I.F. 3.21)
- A S Mohammed, S Dodla, J K Katiyar, M A Samad, Prediction of friction coefficient of su-8 and its composite coatings using machine learning techniques, J Engineering Tribology, 1-11, 2022 (DOI:10.1177/13506501221138382) (I.F. 1.818)
- S. Dodla, Experimental investigations of tool wear in vibration-assisted turning of Inconel 718, Arch. Metall. Mater., 67(3), 949-953, 2022 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.24425/amm.2022.139687)
- N K Jha, S Kumar, S Dodla, 3D waviness effect of carbon nanotubes on fundamental natural frequency and modeling of resonance of nanocomposite structure, Inter. J. of Comp. Mat. Sci. and Eng. 11(2), 2150031, 2021.
- S. Dodla, Micromechanical Analysis for Iron-Based Composites Under Large Deformations, Journal of Electronic Materials, 2021 (I.F. 1.938)
- Dodla, S., Deformation behavior of nickel-based superalloy predicted by spherical representative volume element approach, Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2021 (DOI:10.1134/S0031918X21140064) (I.F. 1.319)
- Dodla, S., Microstructural Investigations and Numerical Simulations of Polycrystalline Nickel, Physics of Metals and Metallography, 121(14), 2020, 1418-1423 (I.F. 1.319)
- Dodla, S., Micromechanical analysis for two-phase copper-silver composites under large deformations, Journal of Composites Science, 2(1), 2018, 1. (I.F. 3.49)
- Liu, Q., Dodla, S., Roy, A., Silberschmidt, V. V., Crystal-plasticity simulation of micromachining of single-crystal metal: Methodology and analysis, Advanced Structured Materials, 60, 2016, 165-183.
- Dodla, S., Bertram, A., Numerical study of the deformation behavior of eutectic Cu/Ag polycrystals, Technische Mechanik, 36(3), 2016, 155-165
- Dodla, S., Thiem, P., Krueger, M., Dietrich, D., Bertram, A., Microstructure, flow behavior, and bulk texture evolution of cold drawn copper-silver composites, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 647, 2015, 519-527. (I.F. 6.371)
- Dodla, S., Bertram, A., Krueger, M., Simulation of flow behavior and texture evolution of Cu-Ag composites incorporating XRD data, Technische Mechanik, 35(2), 2015, 71-79.
- Dodla, S., Bertram, A., Krueger, M., Finite element simulation of lamellar copper-silver composites, Computational Materials Science, 101, 2015, 29-38. (I.F. 3.572)
- Dodla, S., Kirpalani Idnani, K.J., Katyal, A., Finite element machining simulations of aerospace materials, Materials Today Proceedings, 2021, 46, pp. 991–998
- Dodla, S., Numerical Investigations of flow behavior for a directionally solidified columnar Inconel 718 super alloy, Materials Today Proceedings, 2020, accepted.
- Dodla, S., Comparison of lamellar nanostructured cubical and spherical statistical volume elements in terms of crystallographic texture and deformation behavior, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 912(5), 052001, 2020.
- Dodla, S., M. Anirudh, E Rohith, SVK Reddy, Characterization of fully lamellar Ti6Al-4V alloy, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 912 (2), 022035, 2020.
- Dodla, S., S Agarwal, R T Reddy, S Sahu, Microstructura characterisation for polycrystalline nickel, IConETech2020.
- Dodla, S., A. Roy, VV Silberschmidt, Characterisation of aerospace alloys:Effect of machining, BSSM's 11th International conference on Advances in Experimental Mechanics, 1-2, 2016.
- Dodla, S., Experimental characterization and numerical simulation of Inconel 718 under large plastic deformation, ICCM2016.
- Dodla, S., A. Bertram, M. Krueger, Experimental Identification and Numerical Simulation of Lamellar Cu-Ag Composites under Large Plastic Deformations, ICCMS2014, 1199-1206, 2014.
- Member, Department Space Committee
- Member, Faculty Forum (2021-2022)
- Mr. Mayank Singh
- Ms. G. Akhila
- Mr. Narendra Kumar Jha (Co-Supervisor)
- Mr. Vatsalya Raghuvanshi (Co-Supervisor)
- Mr. Pujari Chinna Peddaiah
- Mr. Anirudh Venkatesan
- Mr. Vishal Chauhan
- Mr. N. Vineeth Kumar
- Modelling of advanced polycrystalline materials for crystal-plasticity simulations of machining processes, SERB/SRG grant (9,88,900 INR)
- Modeling of hypoeutectic polycrystalline materials, SEED grant, IIT(BHU) Varanasi (10,00,000 INR)