SAIC - Since its inception in 2015, the Student Alumni Interaction Cell has strived to stand by its motto- Connect, Engage, Celebrate. SAIC is dedicated to providing avenues for three-fold interaction among students, alumni, and the Institute, to develop a vibrant community, creating opportunities to thrive for the benefit of the commonweal. Establishing connections in-person through its team and diverse platforms on the web, the cell has forged relations of a lifetime by bringing together the extended IIT(BHU) family tracing its roots a century back in time. The cell has always believed in creating and maintaining cordial relations for Alumni with their institute. As the name rightly suggests, Student Alumni Interaction Cell conscientiously carries on its initiatives and moves toward reinventing ways to enhance alumni engagement.
SAIC: Recent Activities
- Mock Interview Initiative: With 42 alumni taking 220+ mock interviews, the Mock Interview drive for internships was concluded successfully. The subsequent drive for placements saw increased participation with over 50 Alumni, conducting 100+ mock interviews for 150+ students. SAIC will soon launch the second edition for the upcoming internship and placement season.
- #IAMRemarkable: On the occasion of International Women’s Day, SAIC launched the campus edition of a Google Initiative empowering students to celebrate their achievements in the workplace and beyond.
- Student-Alumni Mentorship Program: To provide the students with personalized guidance from the alumni, for which one-on-one mentors have been allotted to students of second year and above. Two career guidance sessions have also been conducted on Entrepreneurship and MBA by our esteemed alumni, with many more to come.
- Awareness Session on Product Management: SAIC, in collaboration with the Training and Placement Cell, ShARE and Business Club, conducted a session on Product Management by Mr. Pulkit Madaan (BCE '15).
- 10th Convocation Ceremony: SAIC members volunteered in helping organise the 10th Convocation on 10th April. They also set up a booth to apprise the graduates of the various alumni Initiatives and to nudge them to register on the alumni portal. Flexes of Bingo, Wall of 2021, and Map Your Memories were put up to instill nostalgia among the graduands.
- Newsletter and Alumni Blogs: 14 editions of the Alma Communiqué have been successfully published with a readership of 3,000+ alumni across the globe, apprising alumni of the recent developments in the Institute. Blogs covering the stories of esteemed alumni are published under the Alumni Blogs section of SAIC’s website