Departments and Schools are working to identify Centenary Initiatives:
- The Initiative regarding new Center/Scheme, Academic, Programme etc. may be shown to be of importance as one of the Grand Challenges in Engineering Science & Technology, aligned to National Needs – Priority areas of Government Departments/Ministries with identification of Industry that may support it under CSR.
- Strength of Department, and that of the colleagues in the campus (in case of Interdisciplinary initiative) showing the need of synergetic effort.
- Identification of direction that the initiative will take as streams for R & D and Academic pursuits, indicating National International academic meets to be planned during the Centenary Celebration period herein for the purpose.
- Consideration of proposal to involve Industry/Professional organizations for ascertaining plausibility of the programmes under this initiative.
The Departments and Schools are required to consider the following, while working out their initiatives:
- A1: Reference of one or more out of some Ten Grand Challenges in Engineering Sciences & Technology or some such document that identifies your initiative as a topic of importance.
- A2: Identifying National Needs: Identified as priority area(s) of Government Department(s) Ministries.
- A3: Identified Industries that may support such an initiative under CSR.
- B1: Our Strength in terms of work done (dissertations/publication/patents/projects etc.)
- B2: Need of Synergetic effort for the proposed initiative.
- B3: Requirement of other resource for the purpose.
- C1: Directions: in terms of streams/R&D programmes as part of this initiative.
- C2: Possible Academic Programmes under this initiative .
- D1: Industry consultation for plausibility of the employability of produced human resource under this initiative.
- D2: Industry indication regarding sponsoring Master/PhD candidates under the proposed initiative.
- D3: Industry indication regarding collaborative research, including on topics identified by the industry.
- D4: Indication regarding launching gift possible gifts from Industry/Professional Organization at the time of consolidation and establishment of the Center/Programme under the