Dr. Rajiv Prakash, M.Tech, PhD
Dr. Rajiv Prakash is Professor in the School of Materials Science and Technology. He received M. Tech. degree in Materials Science and Technology in 1995 and Ph.D. degree in the year 2000. He was Scientist in CSIR lab Lucknow for more than 7 years before joining the School. He worked as visiting Scientist in Physical Chemistry Division, Johannes Gutenburg-Universität Mainz, Germany under CSIR-DAAD program in the year 2003-04. He has been recipients of Young Scientist (UPCST), Young Engineers (INAE) Awards of India and recently Materials Research Society, India Medal Award (2011). His current research interests include morphology control synthesis of organic conducting polymers, nanocomposites, fabrication and characterization of micro- and nano- organic electronic devices and sensors/biosensors.
1) Conducting Polymers and Composites
2) Organic Electronics and Devices
3) Sensors and Biosensors
4) Electroanalytical Techniques and Electrocatalytic Applications
Indian Patents Granted/Applied:
(1) Novel Polythiophene Copolymers for Light Emitting Diode Applications.
1. Synthesis of Nano Ground Nutshell-like Polyindole by Supramolecular Assembled Salts of ss-DNA Assisted Chloroauric Acid
Ashish Kumar and Rajiv Prakash
Chemical Physics Letters, 511 (2011) 77–81.
2. One-Pot Synthesis of Polyindole-Au Nanocomposite and its Nanoscale Electrical Properties
Leela Joshi and Rajiv Prakash,
Materials Letters, 65 (2011) 3016–3019.
3. Methanol Derived Large Scale Chemical Synthesis of Brightly Fluorescent Graphene
Vyom Parashar, Kaushal Kumar, Rajiv Prakash, Shiv K Pandey, Avinash C Pandey, Journal of Materials Chemistry, J. Mater. Chem., 21 (2011) 6506-6509.
4. Novel Synthesis of Polycarbazole–Gold Nanocomposite
Bhavana Gupta, Ashish Kumar, Vignesh Sundar, Rajiv Prakash
Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, (In press, 2011) DOI: 10.1002/macp.201100262
5. Electronic Properties and Photoresponse of Polycarbazole-Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposite/Aluminum Schottky Diode
Arun Kumar Singh, P. Chakrabarti and Rajiv Prakash
IEEE Electron Device Letters, In press (2011) EDL-2010-12-2185.R1.
6. Electronic and Optical Properties of Electrochemically Polymerized Polycarbazole/ Aluminum Schottky Diodes.
Arun Kumar Singh, A.D.D.Dwivedi, P. Chakrabarti and Rajiv Prakash,
J. Applied Physics, 105 (2009) 114506.
7. Nano Structured Nickel Oxide based DNA Biosensor for Detection of Visceral Leishmaniasis (Kala-azar)
Srivastava, S. N. Maheshwari, Shyam Sundar, Rajiv Prakash,
Analyst, 2011 (in press) DOI:10.1039/C1AN15031F
A label-free genosensor for BRCA1 related sequence based on
Mohan, Preeti Nigam, Subir Kundu, Rajiv Prakash,
9. Novel Conducting Polymer Functionalized with Metal-Cyclam Complex and its Sensor Application: Development of Azidothymidine Drug Sensor.
Swati Mohan and Rajiv Prakash,
Talanta, 81 (2010) 449–454.
10. Interfacial Polymerization of Carbazole: Morphology Controlled Synthesis
Bhavana Gupta and Rajiv Prakash,
Synthetic Metals, 160 (2010) 523–528.
of Polycarbonate (PC) and Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) in
the Presence of a Novel Transesterification Catalyst SnCl2.2H2O.
Ahilesh Kumar Singh, Rajiv Prakash, Dhananjai Pandey,
Journal of Physical Chemistry B, (In press, 2011) DOI: 10.1021/jp107897a
12. Synthesis of functionalized conducting polymer “polyanthranilic acid” using various oxidizing agents and formation of composites with PVC
Bhavana Gupta and Rajiv Prakash,
Polymers for Advanced Technologies, 21 (2010) 1-7.
13. Structural, Thermal, and Fluorescence Properties of Eu(DBM)3Phenx Complex Doped in PMMA
A. Singh, Sunil Singh, Hirdyesh Mishra, Rajiv Prakash, S. B. Rai
Physical Chemistry B, 114 (2010) 13042–13051.
Facile Methodology for the Design of Functionalized Hollow
Ambrose Melvin, R. Vijay, Vijay R Chaudhari, Bhavna Gupta, Rajiv Prakash, Santosh Haram, Geetha Baskar, Deepa Khushalani,
of Colloid & Interface Science,
sponsored project on “Development
DNA based biosensor and application for detection of Listeria Monocytogenes”,
sponsored project on “Development of
Azidothymidine (Anti HIV drug) and its Reactive Phase-I Metabolite
Electrochemical Sensor based on Low Cost Screen Printed
3. DST sponsored project on “Immobilized rice-peroxidase biosensor for dopamine determination based on functionalized conducting polymers”, 2010-12) (Joint PI)
(Indo-Japan) Project on
Control of Organic Materials for
Devices”, 2011-2013. (PI,
5. DRDO Project on “Design
and development of low cost plastic devices for electronic and photonic applications”,
6. NLC NALCO sponsored project on “Electrochemical sensors for heavy metal ions (Zn, Cu, Ni) in Industrial waste water”, 2011-2012. (PI)
7. Ministry of Communication and Information Technology-Moser Baer India Ltd Project on “Development of Optically Active Polymers for Data Storage Applications” 1(2)/2007/M&C dated 23.03.2007 Period: May 2007 to July 2010 (Co-PI) (Completed)
8. CSIR Project on “Development of Lead and Copper Screen Printed Sensors” Ref. No. 22/0384/05/EMR-II; Period: Jan. 2006- Dec. 2009. (Completed)
9. IUAC (UGC) project on “Studies of the Effect of High Energy Irradiation on Conducting Polymers” Ref. No. UFUP 39327 Period: April. 2006- March 2009. (Completed)
Indian National Academy of
Engineering, N.Delhi, financial support under Young
Engineers Awards for “Studies of
Conducting Polymers- Metal oxides Nanocomposite” 2006. (Completed)
(1) MRSI Medal (2010)
Young Scientist Award-2003 of U.P. Council of
Science and Technology.
(under Department of Science and Technology)
(4) Visiting Scientist (under DAAD
(5) BHU Gold Medal for 1st Rank in M.Tech. Materials Science and Technology (1996)
(6) Prithvi Nath Bhargawa Medal for 1st Rank in M.Sc. organic chemistry (1994)
(7) BHU Gold Medal for 1st Rank in M.Sc. Chemistry (1994)
In Editorial Board of Journal
of Sensor Technology, Scientific Research
2. In Editorial Board
of Biosensors Journal
3. In Editorial Board of Nano Trends
Editor and Member of Board of Academic matters and Publication-NST Consortium Journal
5. Editor and Member of Board of Academic matters and Publication-STM Journal Consortium
Member of Advisory Editorial Board of International Journal of
Home Publications Courses Resume