School of Materials Science and Technology
Institute of Technology
Banaras Hindu University
Phone: Off. 0542-2307046 /2307047; Res. 0542-2314658, Fax.91-542-2368707/2368428;
* Ferroics and Multiferroics (Magnetoelectrics, Relaxors,Morphotropic Phase Boundary Systems, Doped Quantum Paraelectrics, Antiferrodistortive
Phase Transitions, Size driven Phase Transitions)
* Polytypism and Structural Phase Transitions in Layered Materials
* Monte Carlo Simulations and Calculation of Diffuse Scattering
* Powder X-ray and Neutron Crystallography
* Shape Memory Alloys ( Magnetic and Non-magnetic)
* Synthesis of Advanced Ceramics.
Awards and Recognitions:
* R A Mashelkar Endowment Lecture (2011)
* Fellowship of National Academy of Sciences of India (2010)
* Prof C. N. R. Rao Education Foundation Award for Excellence in Scientific Research (2009)
* Indian Science Congress Association’s Platinum Jubilee Award in Physical Sciences (2009)
* DAE Raja Ramanna Award in Physical Sciences (2008)
* Fellowship of Indian National Science Academy (2004)
* ICSC-MRSI Annual Prize of Materials Research Society of India (2004)
* Prof Nand Lal Singh Memorial Lecture
* Membership (by Election) of
of Materials (2001) Asia Pacific Academy
* Fellowship of Indian Academy of Sciences (2000)
* Senior Associateship of Inter University Consortium for DAE Facilities
* Materials Research Society of
Medal (MRSI-Medal) (1990), India
* Homi Bhabha Fellowship (1985-86)
* Young Scientist Medal of
(1980). Indian National Science Academy
Membership of Editorial Boards:
* Co-editor, Acta Crystallographica, Section A (1998-2008)
* Co-editor, Journal of Applied Crystallography (1996-2005)
* Co-editor, Zeitschrift fuer Kistallographie (2009).
* Member Editorial Board of Zeitschrift fuer Kistallographie (2010- till date)
* Member of Editorial Board, Materials Science Forum (1997-till date),
* Member Regional Editorial Board, Phase Transitions (1989-2004)
* Bulletin of Materials Science (1989-92, 2005-2010),
* Pramana (May 2010 onwards)
Membership of Important International Committees:
* Elected Member, Commission on Aperiodic Crystals of the International Union of Crystallography (1993-1996), Reelected for the periods
1996-1999, 1999-2002; Consultant 2002-2005.
* Elected Member, Working Group on Phase Transitions Nomenclature of the International Union of Crystallography (1999)
* Member, Commission on Journals of the International Union of Crystallography
* Member, International Program Advisory Committee of the International Conferences on Aperiodic Crystals held in Switzerland (1994), France
(1997), Netherlands (2000), Brazil (2004) and Zao, Sendai (2006).
* Member, Commission on Inorganic and Mineral Structures of the International Union of Crystallography (2005-2008, 2008-11, 2011-14).
* Consultant to Commission on Mathematical and Theoretical Cystallography of the International Union of Crystallography (2008-11, 2011-14).
* Member, International Advisory Board of Symposium A "Adaptive, Active and Multifunctional Smart Materials Systems" of 4th International
Conference on Smart Materials, Structures and Systems, Florence, 2012.
Membership of Important National Committees:
* Member, Programme Advisory Committee in Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science (PAC-CMP) of DST (1991-93, 2002-2004,
* Member, Research Advisory Committee of CSIR in Engineering Sciences (2004-2007)
* Member, DST-FIST Advisory Committee in Physical Sciences(2009-12)
* Member,Programme Advisory Committee of DST for the ILTP with Russia in Electronic Materials
* Member, National Committee for the International Union of Crystallography appointed by INSA (1991-94, 2003-2005)
* Member-Secretary, National Committee for the International Union of Crystallography appointed by INSA (1994-97),
* Member, Scientific Advisory Committee of UGC-DAE Centre for Advance Research
* Member of various Committees of UGC and CSIR (Bhatnagar Prize and Young Scientist Award etc) from time to time
* Member of Sectional Committees of IASc and INSA
* Member, Governing Body and Governing Council of Inter University Accelerator Center (2006-9)
* Vice President, Indian Crystallographic Association (2004-5,2010-12)
* Vice President, Materials Research Society of India (2011-13)
1. ‘‘Ground state of (Pb0.94Sr0.06)(Zr0.530Ti0.470)O3 in the morphotropic phase boundary region: Evidence for a monoclinic Cc space group’’
Ravindra Singh Solanki, Akhilesh Kumar Singh, S. K. Mishra, Shane J. Kennedy,
Takashi Suzuki, Yoshihiro Kuroiwa, Chikako Moriyoshi and Dhananjai Pandey
Phys. Rev. B 84, 144116 (2011).
2. ‘‘Temperature-induced isostructural phase transition, associated large negative volume expansion, and the existence of a critical point in the phase diagram of the multiferroic (1–x)BiFeO3–xPbTiO3 solid solution system’’
Shuvrajyoti Bhattacharjee, Kazuaki Taji, Chikako Moriyoshi, Yoshihiro Kuroiwa and
Phys. Rev. B, 84, 104116 (2011).
3. ‘‘Effect of stress induced monoclinic to tetragonal phase transformation in the multiferroic (1-x)BiFeO3-xPbTiO3 system on the width of the morphotropic phase boundary and the tetragonality’’
Shuvrajyoti Bhattacharjee and Dhananjai Pandey
J. Appl. Phys. 110, 084105 (2011).
4. ‘‘Ferroelectric and antiferrodistortive phase transition in the multiferroic (Bi0.8Ba0.2)(Fe0.8Ti0.2)O3: A high temperature neutron powder diffraction study’’
Anar Singh, Anatoliy Senyshyn, Hartmut Fuess and Dhananjai Pandey
J. Appl. Phys. 110, 024111 (2011).
5. “Neutron powder diffraction study of nuclear and magnetic structures of multiferroic (Bi0.8Ba0.2)(Fe0.8Ti0.2)O3: Evidence for isostructural phase transition and magnetoelastic and magnetoelectric couplings"
A. Singh, A. Senyshyn, H. Fuess, T. Chatterji, and D. Pandey,
Phys. Rev. B 83, 054406 (2011).
6. “Short- and medium-range structure of multiferroic Pb(Fe1/2Nb1/2)O3 studied using neutron total scattering analysis”
I. -K. Jeong, J. S. Ahn, B.G. Kim, S. Yoon, S.P. Singh, and D. Pandey
Phys. Rev. B 83, 064108 (2011).
7. “Reactive Compatibilization of Polycarbonate and Poly(methyl methacrylate) in the Presence of a Novel Transesterification Catalyst SnCl2.2H2O”
A.K. Singh, R. Prakash and D. Pandey
J. Phys. Chem. B 115, 1601-1607 (2011).
8. “Simultaneous changes of nuclear and magnetic structures across the morphotropic phase boundary in (1-x)BiFeO3-xPbTiO3”
S. Bhattacharjee, A. Senyshyn, P. S. R. Krishna, H. Fuess and D. Pandey
Appl. Phys. Lett. 97, 262506 (2010).
9. “A study of phase coexistence and temperature dependent monoclinic to tetragonal phase transition in the multiferroic (1-x)Pb(Fe1/2Nb1/2)O3-xPbTiO3 (x=0.08)”
S.P. Singh, S. Yoon, S. Baik, N. Shin and D. Pandey
Appl. Phys. Lett. 97, 122902 (2010).
10. “Ferroic transitions in the multiferroic (1-x)Pb(Fe1/2Nb1/2)O3-xPbTiO3 system and its phase diagram”
S.P. Singh, S.M. Yusuf, S. Yoon, S. Baik, N. Shin and D. Pandey
Acta Mater. 58, 5381-5392 (2010).
Home Publications Courses Resume