department of mining
fostering research in
various topics. Some of them
are enumerated below.
- Subsidence prediction 3D -
- Feasibility evaluation of
Partial extraction of coal pillars
- Rock bolt Support Design of
- Longwall panel simulation
- Planning of dragline operation
- Effect of blast vibration on
- Blasting and fragmentationMine
waste dump stability analysis
In the area of
- Evaluation of Geo- Environmental
and Geo-Technical properties of
- Prediction of Drainage quality
and water resource management in
- Characterization and estimation
of respirable particulate in
1. Fly-Ash utilization. (Student:
Shri Ravindra Shetty, Supervisor:
Prof. N.C. Karmakar).
2 Assessment of blast performance
parameters in surface mine.
(Student: Bhanwar Singh Choudhary,
Supervisor: Dr. P. Rai)
Ph.D. Work (Ongoing)
1. A study of the stability of
underground coal mining structures.
(Student: Shri R.P. Singh,
Supervisor: Prof. B.K. Shrivastva,).
2 Characterization of
pariculate matter in open cast coal
mine and air quality management
(Student: Rajkumar Sharma,
Supervisor: Dr. A Jamal)