ratespiel"IBM Technical Contest"
Ratespiel is over. Thank you for Participating. Final round Results are declared. Congratulations to Nayan Shah, Ankit Singh and Vikraman Choudhury.
Ratespiel is a technical quiz, sponsored by IBM, that would provide an opportunity to technical enthusiasts to delve into the domains of Web 2.0, Service-Oriented Architecture(SOA), and Computer fundamentals. This will be a non-programming event and facilitates greater exposure to web-technologies and software designing. Do you have what it takes to be real technocrat? If yes, then get ready for Ratespiel where your technical knowledge will be tested!
- It is an individual event.
- Open for Indian students only.
- It is a 3 round event.
- First two rounds are online quiz and final round consist of online presentation.
round 1 details:
- Online multiple choice quiz round
- There will be 40 questions to be answered in 30 minutes
- When a participate has attempted all 40 questions, he will be presented with 5 bonus questions
- Each question has 4 choices and only 1 is correct
- There will be negative marking for wrong answer(s)
- Once a question is answered, participant cannot go back later to that question, but he can answer the unanswered/skipped questions at the end
- The bonus questions cannot be answered if skipped
- This round will take place in 3 slots and participants have to register for a slot as per their convenience
- Top 100 participants will qualify for next round
round 2 details:
- Only participants who qualify round 1 are advanced to this round.
- The pattern will be similar to round 1, only the difficulty level increases
- Top 10 participants will qualify for next round
round 3 details:
- This is an on-line event.
- Only participants who qualify round 2 will be advanced in this round.
- This round involves case-study, in which each participant will be provided with a problem on 2nd March 2011 at 5:00PM. The participant has to do a case-study on that topic and propose the solution to that problem. The final presentation of the solution should be e-mailed to email@example.com by 7:00 AM on 4th March 2011.
- The on-line presentations will start from 2:00PM on 4th March. Each participant will be given a 15 minute time-slot to present. The exact time-slot of each participant will be mailed to the participant.
- The presentations will take place through tele-conferencing in which we will connect with the participants at the time alloted to them.
All dates and times are in Server Time
- 3rd Feb 10:00 pm - Trial run.
- 16th Feb 7:00 pm - Deadline for registration for the event.
- 13th Feb 04:00 pm, 13th Feb 10:00 pm and 16th Feb 07:00 pm - round 1.
- 18th Feb 10:00 pm - round 2.
- 2nd Mar-4th Mar - round 3.
- 5th Mar 6:00 pm - Final Result Declaration
In 1st and 2nd round each question will have negative marking and the exact marks will be written beside that question during the quiz. The participants will be ranked on the basis of their score. The participant with higher score gets higher ranking. If two participants get equal score then the participant who took less time to solve will be given higher rank. Scores and rankings do not carry over to the next round. All qualified for a round are at the same level. In the final round, participants will be judged on the basis of their Innovation, Technical understanding and Presentation skills. Finalists will be judged by IBM officials and Codefest team.
- First : 1 Lenovo Ideapad
- Second : 1 Apple iPod (2GB)
- Third : 1 MP4 Player
- IBM certificates to the winner and the 2 runners up.
- Plus IBM T-shirts to top 3 participants of every round.
For any query, feel free to contact us at: