mathmania"Thou Shalt Compute..."
Mathmania is a mathematical puzzle contest where a sound knowledge of mathematics together with computational thinking will be essential to solve problems. Here, programming is just a means and not an end; it is mathematics which will lead you to an efficient and quick solution.
The motivation behind Mathmania is to provide a platform for the inquiring mind to delve into unfamiliar areas and learn new concepts in a fun and recreational context.
We would like to acknowledge ProjectEuler for the concept.
- This is an individual event. To take part in this contest you are not required to form any team. You only need to register on Codefest website to participate.
- This contest is open for all the students and professionals.
- The contest consists of about 8 to 12 mathematical puzzles.
- It is a 5 hour contest.
- At the end of 90 and 180 minutes of the contest,a surprise problem will be disclosed.
- The submissions for the surprise problems will be accepted only within 30 minutes of the release of problems.
- There will be two cases for each of the problems - a large case and a small case and there will be separate answers for each of them.
- The submission for the large case will be allowed only after that of small case has been accepted successfully but both the cases will be disclosed at the time of problem release.
- Answers for both the cases will be evaluated as soon as they are submitted but only the result for small case will be intimated immediately while the result for the large case will be intimated after the contest gets over.
- Answers for each of the problems will be positive integers. You need to submit only the answers for each of the problems.
- A maximum of 20 submissions for any problem are allowed. But only the last submission will be used for evaluation.
- Organisers may ask for the explanation of any solution submitted by you, failure to which may lead to disqualification.
- 1st prize: rng_58 - 7,000 INR Cash
- 2nd prize: Anton_Lunyov - 5,000 INR Cash
- 3rd prize: tourist - 3,000 INR Cash
- Rank 4: Silence - 2,000 INR Cash each
- Rank 5: cedricl2 - 2,000 INR Cash each
- Rank 6: cgy4ever - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Rank 7: DrKorbin - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Rank 8: Koen - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Rank 9: bbbasic - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Rank 10: lunae_2 - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Rank 11: KillerRabbit - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Rank 12: uwi - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Rank 13: quimey - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Rank 14: kozima - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Rank 15: inutard - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Best Performer from IT-BHU ACM Students Chapter Members: ksdeol - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Best Performer in Trial 1: quimey - Gift worth 1,000 INR
- Each problem consists of different points.
- Ranking will be given based on the Total Points scored by an individual.
- In case of a tie, Total Time will be considered.
- Total Time is the sum of Submission Time of all problems, which have been correctly solved.
- Submission Time is the time of last submission for the problem with respect to the start time of the contest.
- For a problem with no submission or incorrect submission, no Submission Time will be considered in the Total Time.
- During the contest, the scoreboard on the right side assumes that all the submissions are correct and ranking is done on the basis of Total Time.
- As soon as the contest gets over, Points and Ranking will be available based on Correct answers.