Prize winners have been announced. Congratulations to team Teenovators for winning the event for their app vBlog.
This arena will not only prove to be an excellent platform for you to exhibit your path breaking ideas but will also be a self education on Ribbit. Feel free to drop in a line or query on our forum. We will surely extend our full support.
- First Prize: $800 for vBlog by team Teenovators
- Second Prize: $400 for BrainyBot by team developerX
- Third Prize: $200 for Globe Trotter by team softwizards
- Fouth Prize: $150 for SpeedLink by team codemaniax
- Fifth Prize: $150 for help Me!!! by team Sharks
Consolation Prizes. All team members of teams with rank Seventh to Sixteenth get 2 GB Mp3 player each
- Sixth Rank: Smart Tweet by team Sharks (No prize as already received fifth prize)
- Seventh Rank: Stocks Tracking System by team buffer
- Eight Rank: vobalos by team ellipsis
- Ninth rank: Blog Updates by team warriors
- Tenth Rank: KMU by team radar
- Eleventh Rank: remote control by team Don
- Twelfth Rank: Vaccination Alert! by team Coons
- Thirteenth Rank: LiMS by team balliagawaar
- Fourteenth Rank: ConfAdmin by team Code M@niacs
- Fifteenth Rank: Reality Show by team GladMax
- Sixteenth Rank: Cenqure MessageNet by team Cenqure
Special Prize for Creativity in the app BlindCall by team (TiBBiR)^(-1) : a pair of 2GB Mp3 player.
All the members of the teams with valid submission will get Certificate of Appreciation.
- Registrations for the event can be done till Mar 25 09:00 pm IST.
- The event is on development of applications using Ribbit Platform. You can use any API which is supported by Ribbit Platform.
- Application Development May be as under :
- Start - Feb 27, 6:00 pm: Problem statement release.
- Initial Application Development - Feb 27 to 15 Mar, 09:00 pm: Teams build application on any of the suggested themes and submit their applications on our website portal. RAD submission has started already. Also, queries can be sent to the coordinators through email@example.com with subject [Ribbit Support] or on forums.
- Feature Improvements - Mar 15 to Mar 25: Teams may request for extra credit for further development. For this, they need to submit an initial application with a documentation file and accounts transaction details of their Ribbit account. The teams may be provided a maximum of $50 in 2 slots of $25 each after the initial $25 has been credited. Coordinators will review the request and may reject the same if found inappropriate or misusage of account.
- Judging - Mar 25 to Apr 12: Judging of final submissions to be done.
- Declaration of winners - 09:00 pm, Apr 12: Winners will be announced.
- All the submissions will be through our website portal, submission has already started. No submissions through emails will be entertained. If there is a problem with the up cause of reasons of a file being very large, then you should contact the coordinators for the same.
timeline for RAD
- Feb 27th 06:00 pm: RAD Problem Released
- Mar 25th 09:00 pm: Last date for submissions.
- Apr 12th: Declaration of final results
- The event is open to all the students as well as the professionals around the world.
- For participating in the event you should have a registered account on this website.To register click on register button on the top right corner.
- You need to be part of a team(a team can comprise of maximum 2 members) to register for this event.To know how to create a team/accept invitation from a team creator and register for the event click here.
- After the ribbit developer account is credited, a team will be locked i.e you will only be allowed to invite a new member who is not part of any other RAD team; neither can you remove your partner nor can you delete the team.
- You are not allowed to take part in the contest as member of more than one team.
- However a team can submit more than one application under any of the themes mentioned in the problem statement, with a max limit of 5 overall submissions.
- Once the team is registered you can submit your solutions as per the instructions mentioned in the submission process section.
- We will be monitoring your account activities, so don't misuse the account credits.
- In case of any difficulty you can mail to coordinators through firstname.lastname@example.org with subject [Ribbit Support] or ask your queries on RAD forum.
- All the submissions will be through this website portal. You will need to upload your files after clicking on the Submit Your Solution button on the right side of the problem page.
- You need to submit the following:
- A description enlisting all the salient features of your application
- '.zip. file of your Complete source code
- Compiled Code
- Documentation file in pdf/doc format
Documentation file will consist of following details :
- Abstract of your application.
- How to configure your application.
- How to use It.
- Ribbit features used in your application.
- Scenarios where your application can be used.
- The size of the package should be less than 10 MB. Hence avoid usage of any high resolution image.
- In case the size of your application package cannot be reduced below 10 MB, contact the coordinators for alternative submission methods.
- Submissions can be made by either of the team members after logging in on the Codefest Site.
- A team can submit maximum 5 applications.
- The compiled code and documentation of your competitors can be downloaded .To do that you will need to click on 'see all submissions' under the 'recent submissions' tab where you would get a list of all the entries.
Global communication is entering a period of profound and rapid change. New tools, devices and applications, that change the way we stay in touch, are being introduced every day. The internet and the mobile phone have changed everything. But this is still only the beginning. Accelerating technology promises to continue to change the way we all stay in touch forever.
Ribbit recognizes that for innovation to keep pace with the opportunity it needed a fresh approach to product and application development. No single company could possibly create all the solutions, customers will soon be asking for, which is why Ribbit created an open platform for voice innovation. With its global community of developers, it believes in creating the voice applications of the future. Accordingly, Ribbit is creating, not just the development tools they need, but also an entire "developer success ecosystem" to assure that they can also market and sell their applications across the internet and around the globe.
who is ribbit for?
Ribbit is the first company to make it easy for developers to integrate advanced voice features into applications and services to unlock new levels of value for their customers. Ribbit has built two examples of how this works. Its innovative consumer application Ribbit Mobile links mobile phones and the internet to create an integrated voice and data solution tailored for the lifestyle of the modern professional. Its enterprise solution, Ribbit for Salesforce, integrates mobile phones and advanced voice automation features directly into Salesforce.com to increase sales team productivity. Both are revolutionary in how they integrate voice to create solutions that were never before possible and both serve as excellent examples of what can be built using the Ribbit Platform. All the features of both these products can be integrated into other applications through its Developer API.
how to participate in RAD?
- Step 1. Register on the Codefest Website.
- Step 2. Create a team for RAD through teams page. Creating team involves providing a name for the team & the codefest username of your teammate (in case the owner wants a member in his team).
- Step 3. A notification appears on the teams page to submit the ribbit username of the team's owner. Ribbit username has to be obtained by the team owner by registering at Ribbit Developer Portal with the same Email Id that was used to register at Codefest. Know how to get a ribbit account.
- Step 4. When the Ribbit username is submitted, A notification will appear on the teams page that your request to claim 25$ is in the process and it may take 36-48 hours.
- Step 5. Based on the owner's email id & username, 25$ will be credited to the account and a notification will be sent to your mail ID.
benefits of participating in RAD
Ribbit is undoubtedly emerging as one of the most powerful platforms for developing applications. RAD provides you an opportunity not only to learn this wonderful technology but also win big prizes. By participating in this event you become a part of a developer community which will continuously help and evaluate you as a Software Developer.
the basis for judging
- Usage of Ribbit offered features e.g. Make/Receive Call, Send SMS, Voice Mail, VM and Email Notifications, Find me follow me, voice to text for voice messages, in a innovative manner by blending it seamlessly with other web resources and social networks
- Application will be judged on its esthetics and innovative concepts, specially targeted for Ribbit Mobile subscribers as the userbase
- User interface i.e usability
- Unique perspective to leveraging technology for global markets including India
- Consideration on applicability of app features for a mobile handset
- Clarity on deployment architecture , scale and go to market readiness
You can also contact us at: