Prizes worth 20,000 INR at stake.
Mathmania is a mathematical puzzle contest where a sound knowledge of mathematics together with computational thinking will be essential to solve problems. Here, programming is just a means and not an end; it is mathematics which will lead you to an efficient and quick solution.
The motivation behind Mathmania is to provide a platform for the inquiring mind to delve into unfamiliar areas and learn new concepts in a fun and recreational context.
We would like to acknowledge ProjectEuler for the concept.
- First Prize: KoenR - 6,000 INR
- Second Prize: DrKorbin - 4,000 INR
- Third Prize: Silence - 3,000 INR
- Fourth Prize: A_A_Lunyov - 2,000 INR
- Fifth Prize: cedricl - 1,000 INR
- Sixth Prize: kozima - 800 INR
- Seventh Prize: cgy4ever - 800 INR
- Eight Prize: pankdm - 800 INR
- Ninth Prize: dzetkulic - 800 INR
- Tenth Prize: ProjectYoung - 800 INR
Certificates for top 30 participants.
Each of the following gets an MP3 player.
- gurpreet_09 (Top Scorer from IT-BHU)
- aseem (Top Scorer in CES, IT-BHU)
- sourabh0612 (Second Top Scorer in CES, IT-BHU)
- The contest consists of about 8 to 12 mathematical puzzles.
- Answer for each of the problem will be a positive integer. You need to submit only the answers for each of the problem.
- It is a 6 hour live contest i.e. the answers will be evaluated as soon as they are submitted but the result will be intimated only after the contest gets over.
- You may use any of the following mathematical tools to quickly reach to the answers:
- This is an individual event. To take part in this contest you are not required to form any team. You only need to register on Codefest website to participate.
- This contest is open for participation for both professionals and students, but only students are eligible for prizes.
- There will be 8 to 12 problems to be solved in 6 hours.
- Judging will be done as soon as the submission time gets over.
- A maximum of 20 submissions for each problem are allowed. But only the last submission will be used for evaluation.
- Each problem consists of different points.
- Ranking will be given based on the Total Points scored by an individual.
- In case of a tie, Total Time will be considered.
- Total Time is the sum of Submission Time of all problems, which have been correctly solved.
- Submission Time is the time of last submission for the problem with respect to the start time of the contest.
- For a problem with no submission or incorrect submission, no Submission Time will be considered in the Total Time.
- During the contest, the scoreboard on the right side assumes that all the submissions are correct and ranking is done on the basis of Total Time.
- As soon as the contest gets over, Points and Ranking will be available based on Correct answers.
- All dates and times are in Server Time
- Trial round start - 13th Feb at 06:00pm
- Trial round end - 6 hours after start
- Declaration of Ranking, Answers and Solutions - 14th Feb 12:00 midnight
- Contest start - 13th March at 06:00pm
- Contest end - 6 hours after start
- Declaration of Results, Answers and Solutions - 14th Mar 12:00 midnight
- Final Confirmation of results - 14th Mar 06:00pm
For any general queries, please post your doubt at the Mathmania forum. For question specific problem, you can post the query through "Post a question" available below each problem. You may also contact the following: