Final Scoreboard is now available! Scoreboard available at Codechef MANTH10 has certain errors which will soon be rectified. Solutions of the various problems are available on respective problem pages. Best solutions can also be viewed at Codechef Manth10.
Prizes worth more than 40,000 INR to be won. CodeChef T-shirts for the winners.
Manthan is an algorithm intensive programming contest to be held in association with CodeChef. The contest aims to provide a platform for programmers round the globe to demonstrate their problem-solving, programming, and teamwork skills. The rules of the contest will be similar to those of ACM-ICPC. Most of the problems will be real life computing problems where coders will be required to prune existing standard algorithms to find the solution for the domain specific application of the algorithm.
Prizes based on global scores
- First Prize : dzhulgakov_team - 9,000 INR
- Second Prize : ForEver - 7,500 INR
- Third Prize : cro1 - 6,000 INR
Special Prizes for top Indian Teams
Team members of above two teams also get a Codechef T-shirt each.
Team members of following teams get an mp3 player each.
- Third Prize : TheCodebreakers
- Fourth Prize : countergambit1
- Fifth Prize : Dark_Knights
- Sixth Prize : _arp
There are certificates of appreciation for members of top 20 teams, irrespective of nationality.
- A Team may consist of a maximum of 3 members.
- People from different places (institutes) may form teams together
- The contest was hosted at CodeChef MANTH10.
- The contest is open to all students and professionals.
- The contest was of 6 hours and had 4 problems.
- Teams are ranked according to the most problems solved.
- The total time is the sum of the time consumed for each problem solved.
- The time consumed for a solved problem is the time elapsed from the beginning of the contest to the submitting of the first accepted run plus 20 penalty minutes for every previously rejected run for that problem.
- There is no time consumed for a problem that is not solved.
how to participate?
- Register yourself on Codefest Website.
- Create your team for Manthan through Teams page. You will need to login first.
- You will need to register your team separately for Codechef MANTH10 at MANTH10 Registration Link. You can view your team listed at MANTH10 Registered Teams List as soon as your team gets registered.
Note:Participants registered on both Codefest and Codechef websites will only be eligible for Prizes.
- All dates and times are in Server Time
- Contest start - 28th March at 6:00pm
- Contest end - 6 hours after start
- Declaration of solutions and results - 3rd April 10:00am
how to practice?
- Code Chef
Code Chef has lots of practice puzzles, and monthly competitions with cash prizes. The site officially supports over 35 programming languages!
TopCoder is an active programming community of developers who love to solve puzzles. There are many active challenges and some of them with cash prizes.
- Project Euler
Project Euler is a series of challenging mathematical/computer programming problems that will require more than just mathematical insights to solve. The puzzles featured on the site range from relatively trivial to seriously complex!
The Sphere Online Judge contains 1871 different programming problems. More points are awarded for better performing solutions, which can be submitted in a range of languages.
- Uva Online Judge
Over 2600 great programming puzzles, and also regular contests. Submissions in C, C++, Java or Pascal are automatically checked for you.
- Google Code Jam
The code jam is a programming contest from Google. The top 25 contestants get to travel to Google's HQ in California. Entries are accepted in any programming language.
- Timus Online Judge
An online competition site that automatically checks your submissions. Supports Java, C#, Pascal, C and C++.
- Code Golf
The aim with code golf is to submit a solution using the fewest characters possible.Solutions can be submitted in Perl, Python PHP or Ruby.