Prasanta Kumar Panda
Designation: Professor in English
Dr. Panda passed M.A. in English from Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, did M.Phil. and Ph.D. from Berhampur University in the year 1992 and 1998 respectively. Taught in colleges of Odisha till Aug 2002. Joined Institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi, Aug 2002.
His areas of interest are: Application Of Literary Theory, Professional Communication in Engineering and Management.
He was in the Editorial panel of the March 2008 issue of 'Knowgenesis International Journal of Technical Communication'.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
1.Life member of Indo-American Centre for
International Studies, Hyderabad (formerly American Studies
Research Centre, Hyderabad).
2.Life Member of Indian Society For Technical
Education, Delhi. (Membership No. LM 44132)
3.Member of English Language Teachers’ Association of India (ELTAI), Chennai.
4.Member of International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL). Membership no.17380.
STUDY GRANTS AVAILED:
1. Teacher Study Grant (TSG) TWICE from America Studies Research Centre (now Indo-American Centre for International Studies), Hyderabad.
2. Assoiateship of Indian Institute of Advanced Study under the University Centre scheme of UGC, Shimla (1994 to1998).
COURSES ATTENDED:1. A Pre-doctoral Course in American Civilization in American Studies Research Centre, Hyderabad, from 17th. February to 14th March 1992.
2. An Orientation Course conducted by U.G.C. at Academic Staff College, Andhra University, Visakhapatanam, from 21st. Sept. to 17th.October, 1992.
3. An Orientation Course conducted by U.G.C. at Academic Staff College, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, from 31st.March to 27th. April 1995.
4. A Refresher Course in American Literature conducted under U.G.C. provision at Indo-American Centre for International Studies, Hyderabad.from 23rd.October to 17th November 2000
5. An Orientation Course in Education and Technology, at Academic Staff college, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, from 18th. November to 15th. December 2005.
6. A Short Term Training programme in Enhancing Pedagogy with Modern Technologies at University institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh from 13th. to 24th. February 2006.
7. A short Term Course in Intellectual Property Right and Patent System in India, conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Rearch, Chandigarh from 4th to 8th Sept. 2006.
8. A Refresher Course in English at the UGC Academic Staff College, Lucknow University, Lucknow, from 8th Feb. to 28th. Feb. 2007.
9. A Short Term Course on 'Managing Self' conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research, Chandigarh from 23rd. to 27th. July 2007.
10. A Short Term Course on "Script Writing and Video Embedded Instructional Material Preparation" conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Chandigarh from 17th. to 21st. Feb. 2008.
IN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS (2007-12)
1. A Study of Stereotypes in the Novels of Alice Walker”, National Seminar on Shifting Paradigms in American Fiction, D. A. V. College, Kanpur, Feb. 2007.
New Directions for Technical Communication: demand to improve
technology and management” 7th feb 2009. National Seminar on
Industry Institute Partnership; Bridging the Gap, Faculty of Management
Sciences, BHU, Varanasi.
International Writers’ Festival-India organized by Kafla
Inter-Continental, International Writer’s Club and Panjabi Sahit Sabha, Ambala, Nov.2008.
“Reading and Writing as a Process of Relation Building Across the
boundatries in the Millennium”. 5th International Writers’
Festival-India, organized by Kafla Inter-Continental, Writer’s Club
International and India Inter-Continental Cultural Association 14-15th.
Nov. 2009. Maharsi Arvind Institute of Science and Management, Jaipur.
“Textual Politics: Changing Paradigms of Reading Fiction in Twenty
First Century”. International Seminar The Novel in the Twenty-First
Century: Text and Context, 29th Nov. to 1st Dec.
2009. University of Allahabad, Allahabad.
“English Literature, Academic Culture and the Political Purpose of
Literary Theory in Twenty first Century”, Theory at Work: Text History
and Culture, 9th to 11th Nov. 2010, Dept. of
English, BHU, Varanasi.
“Culture, Literature and the Political Purpose of Literary Theory in
the Era of Globalization”. 19-20th March, 2010. Mahila
Mahavidyalaya, BHU, Varanasi.
8. “Textualizing the Body, Deconstructing
Female Body in the Novels of Alice Walker”. Gender issues: Changing
Paradigms as Reflected in English Literature, 13-14th Nov.
2010, Hamidia Girls’ Degree College, Allahabad University, Allahabad.
9. “Love as a Political Discourse on Manifestation of Emotion”. National Seminar on “Treatment of Love in Literature”, College English Teachers’ Association C. C. S. University, 11-12th Feb. 1012, Konaharlal PG Girls College, Meerut.
Short Term Courses and Workshops Conducted as a Coordinator:
1. Workshop on Academic Writing for the Research Scholars in June 2007.
2. Workshop on Academic Writing for the Research Scholars in Dec 2007.
3. STC on Technical Communication for the Faculty of science and Technology. April. 2009.
Papres In Journals
Papers In Books
Poems in Anthologies
Next we may never meet (p.159)
Fancy Realms (2011) Eds. P. Gopichand and P. Nagasuseela
List of Poems Published in Journals