HELP DESK : Volunteers shall be available to help the new entrants at BHU Main Gate.
Some Important Contact Numbers for Emergency Purposes:
Academic Section, IIT(BHU) : 0542-6702067; 6702075; 6702066;
CHECK LIST (Before you leave for IIT(BHU), Varanasi) :
1. Admission Offer Letter
2. Admit Card of JEE-2012
3. Ten copies of recent passport size photograph
4. Two attested copies of all certificates/mark-sheets of all the Public/University/ School/Board examinations passed by you so far, alongwith their ORIGINALS.
5. Original Migration Certificate and School Leaving/Transfer Certificate from the College/School last attended.
6. Two attested copies of OBC(NCL)/SC/ST caste certificate, if applicable, as per Appendix-4 (for SC/ST) and Appendix-5 (for OBC(NCL)) given in the Information Brochure of JEE-2012.
7. Cash Receipt of all payments made at the time of Seat Allotment.
8. Affidavits, in original and their photocopies on non-judicial stamp paper of ` 10.00 each duly completed and signed by you and your parent/guardian, regarding ragging, at the time of registration. Download from http://www.itbhu.ac.in/admissions/images/ ug_admi/proforma.pdf The UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher education Institutions, 2009 before submission of the affidavit and read carefully.
9. An undertaking on the prescribed format, downloadable from website http://www.itbhu.ac.in/admissions/images/ug_admi/proforma.pdf, regarding not keeping/using automated 2/3/4-wheelers in the hostel/University campus.
10. An affidavit in original on the prescribed format on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10.00 regarding not going to the bank of river/lake/waterfalls/ponds, use of alcohol etc. in the hostel, parties or elsewhere, duly completed and signed by you and your parent/guardian, at the time Registration. Download from http://www.itbhu.ac.in/ admissions/images/ug_admi/proforma.pdf.
1. For General/OBC Candidates : No fee is required at the time of registration, for those who have already deposited ` 40,000/- as fee for seat allotment.
2. For SC/ST Candidates : A demand draft of ` 1440.00 drawn in favour of Chairman, JEE, IT-BHU payable at State Bank of India, Institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi (Code 11445).
3. Those who have been allotted a seat in fourth round counseling, but have not deposited the requisite fee as yet, are required to deposit a demand draft of ` 40,000.00 (for GE/OBC category) or ` 21,440.00 (for SC/ST category) drawn in favour of Chairman, JEE, IT-BHU payable at State Bank of India, Institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi (Code 11445).
4. An amount of ` 10,000.00 is required to be deposited in cash by all students seeking accommodation in hostel towards the mess charges in the concerned hostel.
5. All candidates (GE/OBC/SC/ST categories) are required to deposit a demand draft of ` 2000.00 drawn in favour of Students Dress Account, IT-BHU payable at, State Bank of India, BHU, Varanasi (Code 0211), for the Institutes Ceremonial Dress (navy blue blazer cloth, maroon tie and crest).
1. Mattresses, pillows, bed sheets, towels, mosquito net, electric bulb, lock and key, etc.
2. White trousers, black laced shoes.
This is an indicative list only. Specific needs may vary.
1. It is mandatory that the candidate reports to the concerned hostel on the date as stipulated.
2. It is mandatory for all candidates to attend the Registration/Orientation Programme on July 27, 2012.
3. No accommodation will be provided for parents on campus. They can arrange their own accommodation in hotels/lodges in the city details of which can be searched on the internet or as convenient.
4. Parents are cordially invited to attend the Orientation Programme on July 27, 2012.
5. Details regarding Registration/Orientation Programme will be available at the concerned hostel.
6. You may further note that keeping/using of automated 2/3/4-wheelers in hostel premises is strictly prohibited and as per rules any student found using automated vehicles of above type, and in hostel/University Campus shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary action including expulsion.
Disclaimer: These information are tentative, liable for change at any point of time due to administrative reasons. However, detailed information will be sent to the candidates alongwith the Offer letter, which will also be available on website, shortly.