- You are advised to reach Varanasi at least a day before i.e. by Monday, July 24, 2017. You have been provisionally
allotted accommodation in Visvesvaraya/S.N. Bose (For Boys) / Gandhi Smriti Mahila Chhatravas(Old) (For Girls).
On arrival, you may contact the person on duty in the hostel to get your room opened. The formal allotment will be made by the Administrative Warden/Warden
of the concerned hostel subject to your completing the necessary formalities.
- The IIT(BHU) and its Hostels are located on the BHU Campus approx. 3 Kms. from the Main Gate of the Banaras Hindu University, which is about 10 Kms.
from Varanasi Cantt. Railway Station. Reception Counter at the BHU Main Gate will guide you in reaching to the allocated Hostel.
- You will be sharing the room with a student of your batch. Each one of you will be provided with basic furniture. You are advised to bring your own
mattresses, pillows, bed sheets, towels, mosquito net, lock and key, etc. This is an indicative list only and specific needs may vary. Each room is provided
with a ceiling fan. Though the weather up to September may be humid and warm, it would be appropriate to bring warm clothing for use during November to January.
It would not be possible for the Institute to provide accommodation to the accompanying guardians/parents within the campus.
They can arrange their own accommodation in hotels/lodges in the city, details of which can be searched on the internet or as convenient.
- After confirmed allotment of seat you will have to complete Profile Registration for which an on-line academic portal will be available on 20th
July, 2017 from 11.00 a.m. onwards. After filling the Profile Registration Form alongwith choice for the Creative Practices courses and
Medical Information online, you are required to submit two copies of the same at the time of registration on 25th July, 2017.
- You are required to bring the following Original documents alongwith one self attested photocopy for your Enrolment in
the Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi during Registration on Tuesday, July 25, 2017:
* Parents of candidates belonging to OBC(NCL) category are required to submit an affidavit on non-judicial stamp of Rs. 10.00.
- Online Profile Registration in duplicate.
- Printout of the final Seat Allotment Letter from JoSAA.
- Original and one photocopy of Admit Card of JEE (Advanced)-2017.
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report (Annexure 8, as per format on JoSAA website).
- Class X (High School Board) Certificate + Mark-sheet.
- Mark-sheet and certificate of passing the qualifying examination.
- Valid Certificate of category in the prescribed format [OBC (NCL)*/SC/ST/PwD/DS] issued by a competent authority as given on JoSAA website.
- Attested photocopy of the page in their passport that contains the name, photo and nationality (Only for foreign nationals)
- Ten copies of your recent passport size photograph and 10 stamp size photograph.
- Original Migration Certificate and School Leaving/Transfer Certificate from the College/School last attended.
- Form-E [DECLARATION OF INCOME FOR FEE REMISSION] alongwith self-certified copies of 'Income Tax Return Acknowledgement' of father and mother both or
guardian (in case parents are not alive) for the financial year ended on 31st March 2017 received from the Income Tax Department. OR An Income Certificate
from revenue official not below the rank of Thasildar or Magistrate class I of the area where the father and/or mother/legal guardian of the student resides.
Applicable for those students only, whose family income is < Rs. 5.00 Lacs.
- The Original receipts of all payments made for Seat Allotment and remaining balance fee of e-receipt.
Click here to download the format
- FEE: DETAILS OF FEE TO BE PAID BY INDIAN NATIONALS:
||GE & OBC(NCL)
||SC & ST
[GE, OBC(NCL), SC & ST]
|Total Fee at the time of Admission (First Semester)
|(Less) Fee paid at the time of Seat Acceptance
|Fee due to be paid
* For those students, whose family income is < 5.00 and >1.00 lakh –1/3 of the tuition fee (2/3 exempted).
** For those students, whose family income is < Rs. 1.00 lakh – exempted from tuition fee.
|Facilities will be given subject to completion of Form-E|
|Foreign nationals need to pay US $ 2000 per semester (all inclusive)|
- An amount of Rs. 45,000/- [for GE, OBC-NCL, and foreign students] and Rs. 20,000/- [for SC/ST/GE-PwD,
OBC-NCL-PwD/SC-PwD/ST-PwD] which was paid at the time of accepting your allotted seat is adjustable against Semester-I fee, as mentioned above in the table.
- All students shall have access to interest free loan under the Vidyalaxmi scheme (for more details visit
website) for the total portion of the tuition fee payable.
- In addition to the above, every student has to pay per Semester Institute Mess Advance of Rs. 12000.00
- Please submit original of each Undertaking regarding ragging, duly completed and signed by you (Form-A)
and your parent/guardian (Form-B), at the time of registration. Download from
www.iitbhu.ac.in ‘The Principal Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher education Institutions (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2013’ before
submission of the Undertaking and read carefully. Ragging in any form is a punishable offence in IIT(BHU), Varanasi.
- Please submit an Undertaking in original, on the proforma (Form-C), regarding not going
to banks of river/lake/waterfalls/ponds, use of intoxicants etc. in the concerned hostel, parties or elsewhere, duly completed and signed by you and your
parent/guardian, at the time of registration.
- You may further note that keeping/using of motorized 2/3/4-wheelers in hostel premises is strictly prohibited, and as per rules any student found using
motorized vehicles of above type, and in hostel/University Campus shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary action including expulsion. Please also submit
enclosed undertaking (Form-D) regarding not keeping vehicle in the concerned hostel, as we are trying to make our campus
as “Green Campus”, where your full support is solicited.
- There shall be a diagnostic test in Basic English on 26.07.2017 from 9.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. for those students,
who scored less than 80% marks in English or for whom English was not an optional subject in the qualifying examination to test their reading, writing and
comprehending abilities in English. Based on the result of the test, some students would be asked to register for “Basic English” course so that they do not have any
problem in understanding the lectures.
- Induction Programme will start from the evening of 25th July, 2017. It includes Orientation, departmental visits, credit courses of Human Values,
Creative Practices, Basic English and Physical Education, etc. On completion of Induction Programme on 20th August, 2017, the classes of other credited courses shall commence from
21st August, 2017. It is mandatory for all students to attend the Induction
Programme. Time Table related to Induction Programme can be downloaded from the Institute website from July 20, 2017.
- Though the Institute’s class rooms, laboratories etc. are within walking distance from the hostels, many of our students normally use pedaled bicycles for
quick movement within and outside the campus.
- You are required to deposit the admission fee and Institute Mess Advance, Rs. 12,000.00 (Rupees Twelve Thousand only) on the link provided at Fresher’s
Information Portal on our Home Page. You are advised to keep your mobile, which was registered during JEE(Advance)-2017 for completion of Fee payment process.
- Students are advised to download and fill-up the State Bank account opening form, get it verified by the Admin. Warden/ Warden
for opening an account in IT-BHU branch of State Bank of India. For more
details click here
- If you are receiving any medical treatment/precaution, please bring relevant prescription(s) and health/test reports with you. These will help our
physicians to attend to you in case of an emergency.
- Your admission is liable to be cancelled at any time during the course of study if:
- the candidate was born before October 01, 1992 (before October 01, 1987 in the case of SC/ST/PwD candidates).
- not Passed qualifying examination as per Information Brochure of JEE(Advanced)-2017.
- candidates should be within the 20-percentile of their respective Class XII boards or should have 75% (GE, OBC-NCL) or 65% (SC, ST, PwD) aggregate marks,
irrespective of whether they completed Class XII in 2016 or 2017.
- it is detected that you have submitted false certificates/information or have concealed facts during registration.
- You are involved in acts of misconduct/indiscipline/ragging/breach of undertaking submitted.
In case you need any further help after arriving in our campus, please contact your Hostel Administrative Warden/Warden.
Disclaimer: This information is tentative and is liable to change at any point of time due to administrative reasons. However, detailed information will be sent to the candidates along with the offer letter, which will also be made available on website, shortly.